Kira 4 Months




A note to my Kira....
Kira, I can't believe you are four months. It feels like you have been with us forever. You bring so much peace, joy and love into my life. You are such an easy, happy baby. You went to a 3 day meet with me from 7am until 8pm with no break and were happy the entire time. More than once a week people mistake you for a doll. One man told me he watched you all day at the meet and wondered why I was carrying around a doll. He thought it was for my little girl he never saw. You rarely peep and when you do they are these quiet, cute little noises. Your cries, moans and laughs are all miniature. You are long and very skinny with the smallest little head and features. People are starting to think you look more and more like Tyler. You don't mind tummy time. You are starting to roll from your stomach to back and occasionally from your back to tummy. You do mini sit-ups to see the world around you and recently discovered your feet. You love your mobile, patterns, playing with blankets and your feet. You like your binky for bed, but prefer to put your hands and fingers in your mouth. You have these little dots of dry skin on your head, your eyes are brownish/hazel and you have lost all your hair except a big patch in the back. Scott said you look like Pop with no hair. Scott likes to feed you and Tyler reads to you. They are lucky to have such a sweet baby sister and you are lucky to have such great big brothers. Sometimes when the boys are being boys, I hold you and tell you how much peace and calmness you bring into our home. You smile at anyone who looks at you or gives you attention. You are such a sweet baby girl and I feel so blessed to be your mom. Having a girl has changed me for the better in so many ways. It was something that I never envisioned, however, now realize can be no other way. You sleep with your back arched and try to crawl out of your carseat and swing by arching your back and wiggling. You love to stand on your feet. Your innate sweetness helps me be a better, more loving, calm, nurturing woman. I love you!!

Comments

Laurel said…
She really is such a doll. So sweet. I'm excited to see both of you in August and to have her and JR hang out too! What a cutie.
Julia M. said…
What a beautiful baby girl! I need to see her in real life. I think that's so funny that she has been mistaken as a doll. I'm so happy that you're the mommy of a baby girl.
DCRomney 2010 said…
That was really sweet, Heidi! Amazing thing about baby girls, eh? I feel like I could copy and paste that onto my blog, just changing the name to Nya. Oh, except for the skinny and small-featured aspects - Nya is SO fat and has the funniest little pug nose! Ha ha, anyway, we'll have to get these good-natured girls together some day...!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons