Friday, August 15, 2008

Preface to Below Tag

I decided to make up a tag (see below entry). It is inspired by more, recent, Heidi deep thoughts. So if you are bored, go ahead and read on, and if you are busy or uninterested in my many deep thoughts, just know I appreciate and love you. In high school I was always surrounded by friends. We traveled in packs and did everything together. When I got married and had kids that changed. Why? Several reasons. I had a husband, financial obligations, kids, was tired, only have 24 hours in a day, wanted to spend the little time I had with my family. The list can be endless. I didn't put in the effort, I was scared to entertain in a small condo, I didn't want to stop by unannounced or on short notice because I didn't want to interrupt naps, family time, etc. Is this normal? I don't know, but I did feel all of these. Well, life changes and I am just starting to figure out how to adjust from single life, to dating life, to married life. As I am learning to balance all my needs, I am gaining greater fulfillment and happiness. I stop by friends houses unannounced. I am quick to call someone to hang out. I invite people to my messy, small condo. I realize that I have so many amazing people in my life and want to go through life with them. Just recently I have been so enriched by so many people, conversations, strengths, learned from others mistakes and successes and so much more. I feel so blessed to have amazing friends in my life. I know I could rely on countless friends for advice, help or a needed reality check. People who care for me, love me as well as my family. I have come to realize that not everyone is so fortunate. So here is a tag to honor our friends.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad to know that it's possible to emerge from that crazy, "I have no time for a social life" phase. I've been wondering if I'd ever have one again:)

Victory said...

Isn't it weird how long it takes to adjust from single to married life? Two kids later...

I can't wait until I have a social life again. We're getting there...

Kerry Hoaglund said...

I am so glad you guys are doing well! I saw Danny in St George at the play! That was fun! I'd love to see you someday Heidi! Too bad you couldn't make it.