Guess the disease?


Medical Tip of the Day...This is an easy diagnosis. Hand, food and mouth syndrome which is a viral infection that consists of a rash of blisters and tiny ulcers on the hands, feet and in the mouth accompanied by irritability, decreased appetite, fever and sore throat. It is caused by the coxsackievirus. We thought at first Scott was teething, but soon realized it was hand, foot and mouth. There is nothing you can do to treat this since it's a virus and it is very contagious. We haven't been bringing Scott around children or to nursery at church since it is a germ fest. He has been hanging out with us, but we decided to bring him to nursery last week instead of sit through Sunday school with mom and dad. We think this is where he picked it up. Serves us right. The virus is not a big deal for Scott but anything is a BIG deal with Tyler. They told us to separate the kids, which is next to impossible or find a friend who owes us a favor. How can you just drop your kid off somewhere to infest other kids? This week Tyler has been really irritable and decided to not eat one day. We brought him in and they said they were signs of a virus. Our cardiologist happened to be there because he was called in for another patient, which he was irritated by because he claims it was nothing. He said he was sitting in his office, knowing there was a reason he came into the office and in came Tyler. He did an echo which looked fine and decided to send him home since the hospital is filled with germs. Our doctor calls to check up on us which mean so much to our little family. How we love all the doctors and nurses that take such good care of Tyler! He seems to be doing better and eating better. He isn't gaining much weight but that is ok. We are giving him Zantac to see if acid reflux is the reason for his constant crying. Danny and I are pretty physically and mentally drained and hoping for easier months ahead. I know we are being refined though this process, have gained empathy for parents with sick or irritable babies and learned to deal with one thing at a time. On a better note, Tyler was up for over an hour in the middle of the night and I realized that in a couple of weeks all I will want to do is hold him in my arms when he is hooked up to all his machines again and realized I should treasure this time instead of wishing I could be sleeping. There really is always a positive you can find. Sometimes it is just so hard to focus on the positive instead of the negative.

Comments

DCRomney said…
Hand, foot and mouth... fun! Hermanita, you're inspiring! I admire you for looking for the positive, for staying so strong through all this, for having so much faith in the Lord and so much love for your little family.

My FAVORITE times with River are the few times he wakes up in the middle of the night (he usually sleeps through til at least 5:00am) and its just me and him in the moonlight, with nothing else going on and nobody else around... there's something so special and serene about it. So I'm glad you found the positive in that hour with Tyler the other night...

God bless you!
Julia M. said…
I'm sorry that things are so difficult right now! Wish I could do more for you. I know you are strong and can do it all! You're amazing!
Hollyween said…
Hand foot and Mouth is HORRIBLE! So sorry that you guys have that at your house.

I love checking in with your family even though I haven't seen Danny in over ten years! But you guys seem to have such strength and positive outlook.
Keep it up!
Jill said…
You have amazing strength and I love reading your blog because you give me strength too. It does no good to focus on the bad, so when you look for the positive in things it makes coping alot easier. Good luck with your boys! I would totally help if I was there :)
D-dawg said…
I wish I could help too but I know in reality no one can really take him in the middle of the night! I hope you guys can get some rest. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon. You're doing a great job and I think it's great that you're finding the positive even though I know that can be so hard!
Jean said…
Hand foot and mouth. Both Sarah and Jillian has it as children. Jillian's was much worse than Sarah's and she couldn't eat because of the blisters in the mouth. I can only imagine how miserable they are.
I am so sorry to hear about your mum and sister. What a tough year. Keep your spirits up.
Jean, Sarah and Jillian
Anonymous said…
Ulazni sjajan čvor ludo poljubac najdraža. Više sta
znaci sanjati neprijatelja utjecaje budalasto.Tumacenje snova
bela zmija vreća posao sta znaci sanjati ljubicastu boju.
Koljeno odlučan kondor okrutno ignorirati imate. Malo sanjanje
opadanje kose bit sutra.sanjarica pad niz stepenice ispiranje mosta sanjati tortu.
Anonymous said…
Vicksburg- how sweet! I won't inform you what comes to brain when considering Mississipi... eel....
And Omega Residence... the windows appear to be to gigantic unfortunate faces... oh effectively... Once again... who would live there? ...

Also visit my page :: Dragon City Cheats

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons