December Cardiology Appointment

Scott, Tyler & I strolled into our cardiology appt about 15 minutes late yesterday which I will blame on Scott. Of couse if you read my last blog, you will know I have a hard time managing my time. Anyway, Scott got new shoes, which he isn't so fond of and throws fits because they aren't his old shoes which he is VERY attached to and misses dearly even though they are too small. I guess he isn't buying our stories about how super fast they will make him run. I think I might have a shoe man in training. The shoe store with Scott is worse than the doctors office. He will look but not allow anyone to take his shoes from him. Bazaar, I know. So he had a fit getting shoes on. So, back to the important stuff...Tyler had his appt yesterday. Got his synagis shot for high risk babies to fight RSV. He weighed in at 10.5 which is great, however, we thought he weighed that on Wednesday from a feeding study we do. It might be that the scales are off. He looks well. He has been really fussy with what we think is bad gas pains, getting up a lot, uncomfortable and sometimes gets irregular breathing patterns. Danny and I don't get much sleep at night which has been hard. I am so lucky to have a husband that puts in 150% when he is home. I try to take him as much as I can and Danny tries to take him as much as he can that somehow seems to work out each night. There are days that we wake up pretty tired. Anyway, his sats started in the high 60's which isn't good. After being there for a while, feeding him, he finally settled into 85-86. The sats were all over the place. Big drop from his last 2 appts where he was 95-96. We have another appt set up for this Friday, so we will see how they are and what we can do to correct the problem if there is one. Scott does great at the office. We were there from 1030-1245 and he played with my wallet, read a book, helped the nurses and poured his water everywhere...woops. So keep Tyler in your prayers. We hope our appt in a couple of days goes better. His cath is scheduled for January 21st and surgery 1-2 days afterwards. That is if there are no unexpected hurdles along the way which there might be. I LOVE our cardiology nurse who sets up everything for us and is like our personal nurse/assistant/mentor/friend for Tyler. She admired what a great kid Scott was and I told her he was born with that personality, which he was. She said she sees a lot of parents stress and it is passed on to their children and thinks Danny and I are doing an amazing job staying calm which is evident in our kids. As much as it felt so great to hear that compliment, I do know that it isn't all us. I do agree with her that when I am stressed it is passed onto the kids. Scott usually is difficult when he is tired or when I am stressed which is when I need to sit down, realize they are the most important, spend time with them and everyone calms down. What a great reminder from her that I want to remember in my own life! I really have felt an overwhelming amount of peace with Tyler and know that he is in the Lord's hands. How grateful I am for that.

Comments

Kerry Hoaglund said…
I hope all goes well with Tyler! I'm sure you two are handling it very well! You are in our thoughts!
Julia M. said…
You can do it! We will be sure to pray for you. I was thinking that you and Danny are amazing parents, too. I wish Ben and I could be there to do more for you! We'd love to watch the kids for you. But we'll do what we can--pray for you! We love you!
Nortorious said…
Hey, you linked me! Time to start commenting!
Nortorious said…
P.S, Hope Tyler aces his tests and gains the weight he needs. I need more pictures posted of him, please!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons