Saturday, May 4, 2019

River Otters

I made it through my first month at River Otters.  So far it has gone well and I really enjoy it.  The kids and parents are all really nice.  The kids are eager to learn and there is so much to learn.  There are some really athletic kids but they just have their arms go as fast as they can through the water.  So it takes a lot of time to slow down and relearn.  In some ways that is really exciting.  The hardest part is that we have all the kids into two groups so getting to know all the kids and being able to direct the groups is impossible.  Luckily I have 3 great coaches who are so eager and capable of coaching.  They are all fairly new coaches so I try to help them coach while also coaching a group so that is the most challenging part.  Overall, it is a great fit for our family.  I am excited to help swim in our community.  There is something really rewarding about that. 


No comments: