6th kid: Announcing Hanna Ruth McMillan

Hi everybody.  We are going to hear about this from my perspective.  A few words and a lot of pictures.

First nurse is an iron man triathlete

Anne Marie had her baby on the same day



 Grammy came out for several days




Taken by the babysitter:  The announcement that the baby was a girl.  Priceless.


Everyone always says, "Let me know what I can do to help."  It's a nice thing to say but hardly anyone ever speaks up.  Except me.  I texted Devin and said, "Hey Devin.  The baby's here.  Will you get me a homestyle chicken sandwich from Jack in the Box?"  And he did!  Nice.


7 lbs 10 oz.









Heidi is bouncing back pretty fast.  The boys, although they are smiling in these photos, are either neutral or lukewarm.  Parker generally likes the baby but doesn't know how to be gentle.  He likes to smother her.  Kira is the most excited at finally having a sister.  Her demeanor is okay.  She doesn't seem to be as fussy as Parker was at that age, but there's still a lot of maintenance that you forget about.  I haven't been able to stay awake for a single episode of our show since she arrived.  Fortunately, Heidi does most of the work.  There's not that much that I can do since she's nursing.  

We named her Hanna Ruth for several reasons.  Heidi's mom, Jacquie's, middle name is Hanna and Jacquie's mom was named Ruth Hanna; Hanna being her maiden name.   Jacquie and Walt's anniversary was 8/22, the day Hanna was born.  I wanted to do the palindromic spelling, Hannah, but Heidi wanted to retain the familial spelling.  

Six kids.  Wow.  Okay, bye.

Comments

Julia M. said…
Congrats! I love her name and the significance of it. Six kids, Wow, I agree. I hope you all get some sleep soon.
Chelle said…
Thanks for posting pics!! I think it really is special that she was born on Heidi's parents' anniversary, and that you are honoring them thru her name. And I'm dying laughing that you sent Devin to get you some food. Hahahaha! Might as well take people up on their word. One time in college my home teachers asked if there was anything they could do and I said, "Yeah...you could take out the trash." After they left Kiersten was like, "Michelle! Why did you do that?" I said, "B/c they asked if there was anything they could do. Well, I had something they could do." People shouldn't say it if they don't mean it. ;) Can't wait to meet Hanna!! Maybe Thanksgiving??
Dan-o said…
You guys are rock stars. So happy for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons