My new lens!

Really I should be posting this on my blog but the photos are of the kids and Heidi's blog gets more viewership and everyone loves cute kids, so here.

The craigslist ad was for a 70-200L f2.8 version ii plus a 24-105L f4.  The asking price was reasonable and I was planning on low-balling him for both lenses.  We met in Vallejo on the way home from Vacaville and I checked out both.  The 70-200 was beaten up, the glass was not pristine, like a 7/10, and there was lint on both ends of the lens.  Even though it seemed to focus correctly and it worked at 2.8 and 32, I decided against it and felt good about it.  I did buy the 24-105 though.  I'd wanted one for several years but the opportunity was never compelling enough to justify a trip for just that lens.






I know their faces are dirty and some of their smiles are less than natural.  But I am happy about the lens.  The colors are richer, the bokeh is better, and the f4 is nice.  Now I can sell my old lens on craigslist and keep looking for a better 70-200.

Lots of people have been hounding me about whether the baby's here.  No.  I want to just take the pictures and put them on facebook, but everyone wants a personal text.  Last week Heidi was convinced the baby was gonna come.  I said, "Can't you wait until next Monday (which was yesterday)?"

She said, "There's no way I can make it that long."  Now she thinks the baby will come today because it's her parents' anniversary.  We'll see.  Okay, bye.

Comments

Chelle said…
Glad you got your lens. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons