My piano!

Got my grand piano!  I've wanted one since about 1998 but we've never had the space.  Then, when we moved, and my work became more stable, we decided it was time.  I wrote on my other blog about the three pianos I was looking for, and for my price range, this was my #1 choice:  A 1959 Baldwin model M.  It's in super nice condition with a warm, bright tone.  Heidi calls it a "cheery" tone.  I like that it's in tune and that the louds are loud and when I play softly, it responds appropriately.  The action feels right.  Heidi likes how it looks.  I made a recording of the same song on both pianos and there's a big difference.  I didn't realize how badly out of tune was the Cable until I did the side-by-side comparison.    

The Baldwin was delivered yesterday by Devin Wilson, of Burton & Wilson Piano, and his crew from Capitola.  




Gave the old Cable console to Neesa, who just lives up the street.  We asked my mom if she wanted to take it back, and she said no.  Neesa and her kids were pretty excited.  I'll probably get rid of the grandfather clock next.


All set up under the light I installed earlier that day.  Heather gave it to us.  That's where the chandelier used to be.

Scott trying to photo bomb.



Tyler getting a hit.  He almost always gets on base but doesn't make it to home because those who follow him in the line up aren't as consistent with their hits.



Kira has gotten pretty good on the rollerblades.
Later that night we rode bikes to Heritage.


 Scott likes riding my big bike with gears.  Plus, it has a speedometer and he likes to see how fast he can go.  So far his record is 17 mph.



Comments

Janine said…
It was so fun to be there! Love the kids, love you guys, love the piano, loved seeing Tyler play baseball. Good times! Thank you for letting us come!
Herbert Clarke said…
Glad you had a few professionals help you out on bringing that piano home. They can be incredibly cumbersome if you had to move it on your own, with the help of a few friends. And it's a Baldwin, too; one of the best out there. Enjoy musical heaven! Cheers.

Herbert Clarke @ Forte Heavy Removals

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons