The end of break

I've been lazy with my blogging.  I went on facebook twice this week, which is quite a bit more than usual.  I can see why people waste so much time on it.  But I also realize that people's phone pictures, which are often blurry, at least update their followers.  So in a way, you don't have to talk to your friends anymore.  You just check out their fb page.  

But I like blogging better, so here is my post about ice cream at Jon's in Brentwood.  The weather is turning cold and we were caught off guard when the sun went down and it got chilly.  Blakey didn't mind wearing Kira's pink jacket.  He was just content to have his ice cream cone.









This is my favorite one, right in front of the van.  My dope ride.  The kids had two weeks off from school and spent most of it watching netflix on the TV and computer.  Scott did minecraft and Tyler did iPad while the netflix was streaming.  Media-overdose?

You bet.  We got a notice from our lame internet service provider, AT&T, that we had exceeded our 150 gb data plan.  I don't recall ever reading that we were restricted to that, but whatev.  It has been mostly adequate for most of our needs with no more than five outages per day.   For real internet usage, comcast is the way to go.  But they are also twice as much and I have other ways to waste my money.

I did my first 500 yard freestyle swim without stopping.  That's just Heidi's warm-up, but it used to be my entire workout since previously, I lacked the stamina and technique to go more than 200 yards without stopping to catch my breath.  But this week, I paced myself and went for it.  I've also had to push more with my legs, rather than pull, and that has strengthened my core.  

Heidi's not been swimming as much, as it seems her thyroid is getting jacked up again.  It was last year at this time that she had the lump and the next few months were real challenging for us because of her fatigue.  It also messed up her hair and a big clump is missing on the middle 1/3 from mesial to distal.

Okay, that's all for now.  

Comments

cici said…
My fave is Blakey in Kira's jacket, spying on her ice cream and thinking about wearing her other jacket next.
Love your posts and pics.
Hope Heidi feels better fast, so hard being a Mom of 4 with less energy :(

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons