Sunday, September 29, 2013

End-of-the-week post

Wednesday we went on the boat with one of my patients.  He wanted to teach the kids how to wake skate on boards he makes.  His boat is a 2003 Mastercraft V-drive with open bow, tower, and ballast.  It is super nice for wakeboarding.  The air was a little chilly and no one wanted to go but me, so the old man did a few runs.  I was happy to do two surface  180's, and my pt. was impressed.  Then he told us that he's doing a photoshoot with his wake skates.  Heidi's like, "Danny has experience modeling."

"He's too scrawny."

Yes, despite my pilates, yoga, swimming and bicycling, I am not "Hollywood," as he describes his other models.  Eh, whatev.  Heidi and I are competing against each other in a six pack contest.  The other day, I was standing in front of the mirror and said, "Look, Heidi, I have a six pack!"

"No, you don't."

Weak.  I'm still in pain, too, and I need to get back to acupuncture.  At least now I feel like my muscles are where they ought to be.

We got Tyler another bike.  We found it on craigslist in Folsom, which is 84 miles from here.  I was like, "Well, that's a half tank of gas and maybe three hours of our time," and now it's sounding not worth it.  But Daryl, from church, was working in Rancho Cordova and I asked him if he could pick it up.  We met at school before work, I gave him $30, and he picked it up!  It's like his stolen bike except the wheels are aluminum and much more true.  In fact, it looks like it's hardly been used.

The first day he rode it to school was Thursday and he did well.

Scott lost a tooth.  The next morning, he woke up and looked for it.  I was like, "The tooth fairy must have taken it!  Did you find anything under your pillow?"  I hadn't put any money out for him, but he started to cry because all he wanted was his tooth.   He cried on the way to school.  Heidi found it after school started, and that was the last I heard of the tooth.

Saturday was Paisley's birthday party.  Heather rented the "Tumble Time" bus and it was a hit.



It was perfect because the kids entertained themselves and I got to just sit and relax.    The food was good, too.  Great jorearb, Heath.

On a more sober note, Boy (my brother) is in the ICU and is not doing well.  We are no strangers to the ICU and it is stressful.  The most stressful part is the unknown.  

2 comments:

cici said...

I love how Blakey has his fork up and ready to eat... So cute!
I will say some Prayers for the boy in ICU, so sorry to hear that.
p.s... six packs are overrated ;)

Chelle said...

Glad you got Tyler another bike. And don't feel too bad about not being "hollywood;" a lot of those people are actually really ugly anyway. Sarah Jessica Parker? woof. Everyone has different body type preferences. The bus for the b-day party looks so cute! And what a relief David is doing better eh?