Tyler's 6th birthday

Tyler turned six on Wednesday.  Grammy had sent him a package with a bunch of gifts.  He got some clothes, shoes, yo-yo-, pez dispenser, squirt guns, puzzle robot, and a big ball. 

 Spiderman hoodie and BYU shirt from Grammy.  Tyler didn't want to go to school because he felt like since it was his birthday, he should be exempt.  But we coaxed him into riding insta-tandem with me.


Tyler wanted the special green chair for breakfast.  I made him his favorite, waffles, but Heidi bought those mini-doughnuts laden with saturated fat and one-upped me.

Then Heidi picked him up a Schwinn 20" bike from craigslist.  Tyler took a few laps around it and did well, and after he went to bed, I started working on it to get it ready for his morning commute.

It was amazing that he could ride it at all because both wheels were out of true.  The front was 5 mm out, and the rear was so bad it was constantly rubbing against the brakes.  I trued up the front to less than 1 mm, and I trued the rear to the point that the only area that binds is a huge bulge that needs to be hammered out.  I'll do that right before school this morning.

Happy birthday,  Tyler!  Thanks to Heidi for purchasing the decorations, wrapping the presents, making the cake, and picking up the bike in Livermore.

Comments

Chelle said…
Happy b-day to Mr. Tyler! Sounds like Grammy sent him some pretty cool stuff. So what does it mean to "true" a bike? Siena just told me today she hates riding her bike to school b/c the tire always goes flat. Do you think it just needs a new liner? We already tried that goo stuff. Are you guys going to come out for Thanksgiving? We decided to go to Disneyland the last part of Nov, first part of DEc. Wanna go?
cici said…
Happy Birthday Mr. T!
Only 10 years and you will be driving..... ha! Mom and Dad really needed to hear that. :)
Heather said…
Happy Birthday Tyler! For some reason we thought his birthday was today, Sept. 5th. I can't believe I was off by 2 days. Sorry for the confusion. I feel horrible. We called a few times to try and wish him a happy birthday today and left a message. Excited to celebrate on Sunday. Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you.
Heather said…
Happy Birthday Tyler! For some reason we thought his birthday was today, Sept. 5th. I can't believe I was off by 2 days. Sorry for the confusion. I feel horrible. We called a few times to try and wish him a happy birthday today and left a message. Excited to celebrate on Sunday. Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you.
DavidandJuliann said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
DavidandJuliann said…
You'll have to show me how to true a bike tire. Another good deal on Craig's list. Tyler has grown up since I saw him just a couple of months ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons