Labor Day

We had a nice labor day, starting with my riding the VFR to the Oakland temple.  I left at 5:07 in order to make the 6:15 session, and I was booking it so fast that I arrived in 35 minutes.  I got out at 8:25 and Heidi was there with the kids, so she went in and I took the kids outside.  I was both impressed and surprised that Heidi was able to get out the door and make it to Oakland on time.  

The new bay bridge was completed on Labor day, and we couldn't see it that well because of the fog, but Scott pointed out the golden gate bridge.  The temple has a good view of the bay.


Blakey LOVES motorcycles.  He was climbing up on the VFR, so I went over to take his picture and he climbed down to run toward me.


Then Tyler wanted a picture with the VFR, and Scott is photobombing it.

I don't know what Kira's doing here, either, but Tyler's still posing with his Mr. Congeniality smile.


This is taken from the southwest deck of the temple.  Lots of the fog had blown off by this point.

The fountain started flowing so the kids had to investigate.  Fortunately, no one fell in.




Then we took the van to Tilden.  We wanted to ride steam trains, but they weren't open yet.  So we went to Lake Anza and the kids threw rocks for an hour.  They liked finding big ones, and I taught them how to lever them out and that was a buzz for them.


Then we picked up Heidi from the temple and by that point, the trains were open, so we took a lap around on the Redwood Valley Railway.  It's pretty sweet that it's so close.

Yeah, my church clothes with my Honda hat.  I don't like wearing sunglasses even though Dad thinks I need to monitor my UV exposure, so I just wear a hat all the time.  Even when driving to church.  Kira's in her PJ's, and no one seemed to mind.

Then we went to Heidi's parents for din-din.  The weather was perfect.

Comments

Julia M. said…
That sounds like a neat day! I hope you two get to go to the temple together soon.
DavidandJuliann said…
I'm sure Blake will be a great motorcycle rider. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the temple and riding trains.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons