Preschool

Tyler had his first morning of preschool this morning.  His teachers are so loving and wanted to make sure Tyler was happy.  They introduced Tyler to some of his classmates who were all so nice.  They all wanted to be his friend, show him around outside and voluntarily asked him if he wanted a turn with a ball.  Everyone I talked to exclaimed that the preschool we chose instilled great social skills, confidence and happy kids.  That is what Tyler needs and I wanted. He wanted me and Kira to roam around with him and when it was almost time to start class, I left Tyler with his friends and Kira and I tucked away in the playground.  I watched from afar as he lined up, patiently waited in line to go into his classroom, talked to other kids and hurried into class.  When I peeked into the classroom upon leaving he was sitting so quietly on the carpet waiting for class to start.

Tyler is my challenging kid.  I know a lot of it is due to his health.  I am so happy I waited for his heart to get fixed before starting school.  It was the right decision for him.  With his challenging personality, I thought I would look forward to the start of school, however, I was sad.  He has always been my little buddy.  He has always added adventure into my life.  I realize my kids are growing up and that makes me happy for them and kind of sad that their simple childhood is entering a more demanding phase. 

When I picked him up he was sitting for lunch talking with a little boy next to him. It made my heart so happy.  His teacher said he did great.  He spilled the pitcher at lunch and it made him really embarrassed she said and angry but got over it and had a great day.  Yeah for Day 1.   Went better than I thought.

They are so loving.  They just want their kids to be happy.  This will be a great school for Tyler.  Exactly what he needs.

Comments

Katherine Lewis said…
You are the sweetest mom. What lucky kids you have. I am so glad that Tyler did so well in preschool. That must be a huge relief! He is one handsome little guy.
cici said…
Good choice Mommy, He will thrive and blossom in Pre-School, So glad day one went well for him. :)
Heather said…
So wonderful. Glad that it went so good. Can't wait to hear all his stories. I'm sure he will love going there.
Jacquie said…
Tyler loves to call Grandma on the phone to say "I Love You Grandma" and he was so excited to tell me all about his 1st day of preschool when he called ...you could feel his excitement!
allison said…
That's awesome Heidi, sounds like it's exactly what he needs!
Josh did preschool on and off this year & loved it. He missed a few months cause of his health, and he sure missed it when he had to stay home. He liked having a place that was just HIS! He really thrived. I think when the time comes for Kinder (fall 2013) he'll be better off.
Hope things are well for your family. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons