Journey as a Mom

Life with Scott.  Life with one for me was figuring out how on earth you raise a baby.  Everything is new.  Packing a diaper bag was like packing a suitcase.  I had to make sure I had everything or I would somehow not survive the planned out adventure that was often just to to the park across the street.  It was hard.  I didn't have many mom friends which was the hardest part for me.  

Life with Scott and Tyler.  Life with two was learning to share my time with two kids.  We also learned more than enough about hospitals, surgeries and sick kids.  I learned to lean on others and that it is not only ok, but actually a really good thing to allow others to help.  This opened up the door to some great friendships and learning the beauty in the phrase, "it takes a village to raise a child."

Life with Scott, Tyler and Carl.  Having an angel child was one of the hardest yet most wonderful blessing in my life. I have a child looking down on us who I have grown to know and love in a very personal way.  He helps me be a better person each day so I can be with him someday.

Life with Scott, Tyler and Kira. Another infant wasn't the difficult thing, it was the older brother.  My village was hard at work.  Dealing with a difficult toddler gave me empathy that children can be difficult.  They can make you cry, make you wonder what on earth you are doing wrong, make you laugh, make you not take life too seriously and give you hope that they will someday turn out ok.  Friends who understand and lots of prayers made me get up and tackle another day with a happy heart and reason to smile. 

Life with Scott, Tyler, Kira and Blake.  There is so much to do and not that much time to do it.  Learning to better myself each day and schedule my time is a constant battle.  I am trying to simplify my life. I continue to work on how I can fill my cup and in turn help my kids and Danny.  Having four kids helps me evaluate the many things I need to work on.  I feel like being a mom is who I am in life right now.  I often have four kids attached to my hip.  While some might think that is an unhealthy viewpoint of life, I actually love it and am embracing it.  It is a great blessing to be a mom to four children and a great responsibility. I am grateful that my mom and grandma dedicated so much of their time and energy to giving me and my sister the love, attention and opportunities we were blessed with and want to give that to my children. 

Comments

allison said…
Life with 4 little ones is really busy! I remember after having our 4th thinking the same thing "SIMPLIFY!"...I'm pretty sure I'm just as busy (if not more) today than I was then, but luckily I've grown used to it.:)
Such fun!
Miss your family:)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons