My latest Reads

Before My Heart Stops : A Memoir By Paul Cardall
http://beforemyheartstops.blogspot.com

Paul was born with a similar condition to Tyler and is one of the oldest survivors today. He wrote a book about his journey with a single ventricle. It was so great to hear and read a book from someone who is walking in similar shoes to Tyler. Before Tyler was born he came to me in the temple. He came as a man on the other side. He told me that he had a special heart; a heart to teach, a heart to love and a heart to learn. I have seen how Tyler's heart has given him and our family unique opportunities that would not be possible with a normal heart. I came away from reading the book with an added appreciation for being a heart mom. With added appreciation for how Heavenly Father creates each of us. And an added appreciation for my testimony and faith in my Savior and membership in my Church. Anyone who is dealing with illness, either themselves, their family or an associate should read this book.


Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell

Loved it! I love psychology, sociology, statistics so why wouldn't I love this book? I thought that parts could have been a little faster paced, but gained some great perspective about life and success. You realize that some of success has to do with seizing the opportunities you are blessed with. Would recommend it to all.

Ella Minnow Pea: A Progressively Lipogrammatic Epistolary Fable by Mark Dunn

This was part of a book club. I read it while I waiting to have surgery. Although I don't attend the book club, I enjoy occasionally reading books from it because it broadens what I would usually read. Each chapter lost the ability to use a letter and I was impressed by the literary talents of the author. It was interesting and good. I have a hard time giving a book a proper review, because I really enjoy reading a certain type of book. If I am going to spend time reading I want to spend time reading about something with greater relevance to my life. A non-fiction biography, religious book, self-help, topic of interest, etc. is what I enjoy right now in life. I want to read a book on uncluttering my home.

Comments

melita said…
Now that you shared that you like to read, you have to come to book club. You don't have to read my long fiction books. I love your enthusiasm and the will to find great things even in hard time. I'm sorry Danny lost one of his jobs. Through trials and tribulations, I have learned one thing, and that is that the Lord is always in charge. You are such amazing people, and I count myself blessed to be your friend. You will be in my prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons