Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Plewe

They truly did look this happy ALL day. I couldn't be more excited for Laurel and Ryan. They truly are each others perfect match!

My tribute to Laurel and Ryan...

Laurel moved to Walnut Creek in 7th grade and had no trouble making immediate, lasting friendships. She was the new girl in town, the one I’m sure most of the 7th grade boys couldn’t stop thinking about. Can you blame them? She has always been her charismatic, funny, bubbly, talented, dramatic at times, accepting, athletic, beautiful, magnetic, kind, and spiritual self that we all love her for. In high school we became best friends. We lived quite different lives. She was the good mormon and I was the crazy one. She and a couple of friends seemed different to me. I admired that, I was attracted to their faith, a lifestyle of purity and light that shone from within. Much because of Laurel I too found that light and faith in Christ. I will forever be indebted and grateful to Laurel for sharing that with me. We did everything together, once even choosing best friends to date to ensure we could hang out together. We were in the same freshman ward at BYU, swam and dove on the same college team, complained about tests, cried over boys yet continued to grow though it all. It was in high school where we first starting to discuss and dream about growing up, getting married, having kids, living in the same town, even at times practiced signing our names with different last names. Are we sufficiently embarrassed yet? As we grew up, the style of the gown changed from lace to shiny, as did the amount of hairspray needed to style a brides bangs. The perfect man switched from a TV heartthrob to the cutest guy, to the nicest guy. The details differed from year to year but the dream always remained the same: to find the one who was perfect for you and who you couldn’t wait to declare your love and devotion to for time and all eternity. Several times Laurel has told me, “this could be the one” and several times I was probably the first to burst that bubble. I guess I was being the overprotected best friend who held Laurel on a pedestal. I knew how amazing she was and knew that the man she would marry would have to be equally as amazing to lift, honor and cherish her. Don’t get me wrong, the guys of the past were great but each always seemed to be missing something. Someone has to be pretty witty, funny, spiritually centered, driven, hard working, charismatic, have a sense of humor, enjoy life, athletic, outgoing, be a good listener and charitable to lift Laurel to a higher plain. As soon as she told me about Ryan I knew he was the one. He was perfect. He understood Laurel. He understood what made her happy. For the first time I found myself convincing Laurel that the waiting game to be a bride was over. He was everything you could want for your best friend and more. He was her perfect match and for that I can’t be any happier to see my best friend more fulfilled and become a better, happier person each day that she is with Ryan. Danny, my husband, and I have a picture of Christ over our bed. I love what it symbolizes. One of my favorite scriptures reads, “Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you. Marriage is full of great times, times of laughter, love and harmony. It is also full of challenges, times that you might disagree over something, financial, emotional, and physical stresses. In the four years of our marriage we have had wonderful times as well as hard times. Times that the only person who was able to lift and help us understand each other or the greater plan was the Lord. This knowledge has made the good and the hard times worth it, full of growth, given us a greater appreciation for the atonement, eternal families and greater love for each other. I know that your marriage will also be one of fulfillment, growth and love because it too will have Christ at the center of your relationship. I feel honored to be part of such a miraculous event. Congratulations. I love you both.
Stay tuned for more pics ....

Comments

Julia M. said…
What a beautiful tribute and fabulous friendship. I'm so glad they found each other. I have one best friend still unmarried, and I think I'm much like you. I only want the best!
Robin said…
Heidi that was beautiful! I am so glad you put that up! Being the MOB it was especially touching to see the influence of your children as I'm sure you'll see that with your children. You looked beautiful too, and I love you so much!!! Here's to lots of smiles and laughter.
The Boz said…
What can I say Heidi...I love you too! Thanks for helping to make my special day so wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons