The Amazing Pearson Family

I visit teach Carol Lynn Pearson, an amazing LDS author, who always has so much insight on loving and accepting everyone. I always feel inspired to be more open, loving and forgiving because of her. For those that don't know Carol Lynn, she is probably most famous for her autobiography, Goodbye, I Love You, which tells the story of her marriage to a homosexual man, their divorce, ongoing friendship, and her caring for him as he died of AIDS. Her new book, No More Goodbyes: Circling the Wagons around Our Gay Loved Ones examines the tragic and unnecessary goodbyes we continue to say around the issue of homosexuality, and also presents many inspiring stories of families finding new and positive ways to relate to their gay children. I am grateful for the time that I have to spend with Carol Lynn, her wisdom, friendship and insight. You can read more about her at http://www.clpearson.com/. Her son drew this caricature of me and Tyler today. I think it is pretty amazing. He has a really neat website at http://www.johnwpearson.com/. He did a lot of animation with the Simpsons. Pretty cool!! I feel so enriched by all the amazing people in my life. It is great that we can all learn from each other and hopefully be better because of each other. Life is great, isn't it??

Comments

Victory said…
that is a GREAT drawing! Love it!
Julia M. said…
Wow, that's really interesting. I bet you have learned a lot from her. I have an uncle who is gay, so it would probably be enriching to read her books! I love learning from people by interacting with them. How cool that you get to visit teach her!
Amy said…
I read that book a long time ago; it's really touching. How neat that you get to VT her.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons