“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”


Scott Daniel McMillan ~ January 28, 2006 ~ 7 lb15 oz ~ 21"
Danny and I have based our marriage around prayer and relying on the Lord for guidance. We were planning on waiting to have kids until Danny was out of dental school and we were a little more established. About 2 months after we were married, Danny was in dental school and I was finishing up school at BYU. We decided to listen to a talk by Elder Nelson, entitled Faith and Families, before church. We were touched by the following council, "As Sister Nelson and I look back, we can honestly say that our family and membership in the Church are most important to us. How thankful we are that we heeded the counsel of Church leaders to marry in the temple, to invite children into our family, and to serve the Lord! If we had placed our education ahead of our family, we would not be so blessed now. Education was a lengthy process for us. Earning two doctor’s degrees took me a long time. Then we struggled through many more years of surgical specialization. I did not send a bill for surgical services until I had been out of medical school for more than 12 years! By then we had five children. But somehow we managed." We knew that we too must take that leap of faith and felt that we should start a family. It was scary, yet exciting. I thought that it would take me years to get pregnant and to my surprise was pregnant 2 months later. We were excited, yet nervous and both really felt that we were going to have a little boy. 9 months later, we were blessed with a healthy, loving, perfect little boy. I was at a swim meet in Stockton, my water broke, and I had Scott about 2.5 hours later in Walnut Creek. Scott has brought us more joy and happiness than I could ever imagine. Nothing compares to being parents. He s now 19 months and gets more and more fun with age. They are fun when they are little, but can't do much and don't have much of a personality. He has been the easiest, best kid that we could have asked for. We always ask ourselves, "where did he come from?" We are so lucky to be his mom and dad. Danny just speaks spanish to him and he hasn't started to talk yet, but understands spanish and english which is a very exciting. It will be so fun when he is able to speak both spanish and english. We are enjoying every stage with him and know that this time with just one child is so special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons