"I love you, not only for what you are, But for who I am becoming when I am with you."

Dating, what an adventure...I was just off my mission and Laurel, my greatest friend and accomplice in so many of my defining moments, decided to help find me friends to hang out with in the summer...I think she realized I needed some re-adjusting after my mission. We went onto http://www.ldslinkup.com/, a site that matches you up with other friends in the area. We did a 50 mile radius search for some cute, fun people to hang out with. I found my perfect match, a guy who served in Madrid Spain....need I say more? He probably spoke like a Spaniard, knew about serving a mission in Spain, probably even knew some of the people I knew. Well, we sent out an email to Danny and his linked friend, Seth, that was a little over the top (they needed to be able to handle our sense of humor) and got a response from Seth about a Friday night activity. We drove into San Francisco, hung out with other guys at the movie and at the end of the night met "Nitroblue" and "Sethualhealing." Nitroblue wasn't so eager to talk about Spain for an hour as he nodded his head to the music at the Canvas Cafe and told me to tell Seth he was tired and wanted to go. I felt so bad that this guy must have a girlfriend and felt obliged to hang out. The next day the guys we hung out with the previous night invited us to a party in the city where we had a second encounter with our ldslinkup friends. Turns out Seth and I knew a lot of the same people from BYU, he told Danny I was a cool girl and Danny listened. He picked me up on his Honda VFR motorcycle for a ride in the City, waffles and strawberries. We started to talk on the phone and it was fun for me to have some friends in San Francisco. I started to like Danny and decided he would be my summer project. He was cute, fun, smart, nice, but just lacked some confidence. It was nothing a little bit of Heidi couldn't easily fix. We went to Don Pedro over Memorial Day weekend and I talked Danny into driving back with us and eating dinner at my house. That night, Danny had his first kiss ever and the rest is history. We had a great summer and I was so surprised when he proposed to me on my parents anniversary, August 22. It was the best proposal ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons