House Hunting

We are looking for a home in Walnut Creek.  Originally, we were just looking to buy the home we will stay in to raise our kids but then I had the thought that maybe we should buy a home closer to the pool I am working which is a very cute neighborhood but doesn't have that many bigger homes.  We could live there for a couple of years and be so close to the pool and elementary school and then rent it out in 2-5 years, see what happens to the market and then buy a bigger home.  I am a minimalist and feel I would be happy with whatever but then I question what would be best for our kids.  Home that needs some work is good because everyone can work to get some home projects done which I think is good to learn the value of work. Bigger home gives us a little breathing room, easier to entertain, but so much more to clean. We shall see...

Well, we put an offer on the smaller home.  I liked it and Danny not so much.  He liked it because I liked it and I didn't like it because he didn't like it.  I guess that is what marriage looks like after 15 years.  Compromise but thinking about the other ahead of yourself.  Your joy can't be totally full if the others isn't.  I wouldn't have been excited if we got the home, knowing he was only excited for me.

So we put in an offer.  Not super strong offer and not super high knowing it would probably go to someone else which would be a relief.  If we got it, we would know it was meant to be.  Got a call that there is someone willing to borrow 1.1 or 1.2 from their parents to pay all cash for the home right away.  I was so happy that someone loved the home that much.  It made me happy for them and relieved for Danny.  It is crazy that small, fixer uppers go for over a million dollars.  But makes me feel much better when I look at homes and realize that the 2 bedroom, 2 million dollar condo has to be in the area Danny works and sure enough it always is.  He loves his patients and I am grateful they apparently have money to buy a 2 million dollar condo and hopefully money to continue to fix their teeth.  LOL!

The house hunt continues.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Swim Lessons

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery