Accident

On the way back from Yosemite we were almost home and got hit.  We were at the freeway exit stopped at a red light when someone hit us.  He apparently tried to swerve to the left of my car but his front right hit my back left.  The kids were all asleep and seemed fine.   Then the guy preceded to back up from me and hit the car in back of him.  He gave us his license and insurance and wanted to take off but I told him I was going to file a police report.  He seemed drunk to me and I just feel more comfortable when there is a report for insurance.  So the Brentwood PD showed up, took out statements, gave him a sobriety check and waited for the CHP because it was on a freeway exit.  Danny came to take pics and get the kids since they were all tired and melting down.  About an hour later we were able to leave.  I wanted to see if they took him in for a DUI or not but didn't.  The PD were talking amongst themselves and thought he was drunk.  My neck was sore but it got so much worse today.  I could barely move it at church and had a headache from it being so sore.  We were working on the primary program and I was trying to watch Hanna and my head felt like exploding.  Glad it wasn't worse.  Grateful it was so close to home.  They did an overpass and keep redoing the freeway exit which I am sure causes a lot of accidents.  The guy didn't know where he was.  He had forgot that he hit me about 10 minutes into the incident.  I couldn't tell if it was a language barrier or if he was out of it.  Danny thinks they will salvage the van since it has 200,000+ miles on it which makes me sad because my van is such a great van.      

Comments

Chelle said…
Agh!! I am so sorry to hear this! Glad you guys are okay...but I’m sorry about your neck😭. Ugh neck pain is miserrrrrable.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons