Level 3

Kira went to her first two meets doing level 3.  They start out the season with an intersquad meet that is a mock competition.  Kira was soo nervous!!  I thought she would fall off the beam about 5 times but she didn't and she made it through.  The next meet was in Sacramento and we drove with two of her teammates.  It was the BEST!  They had a great time talking in the back, hanging out, eating snacks and being girls.  Kira is surrounded by boys and loves hanging out with her girlfriends.  I loved being with their moms.  They are stunt/cheer coaches and it is fun to hear about their world and talk about kids, families, coaching, etc.  

Kira did great.  She was confident and had fun.  It was so neat to see her confidence after just one meet.  I didn't get to go to the next meet because I was at a swim meet with Scott but she did great.  She made a mistake on floor and was hard on herself but a great life lesson that it is no big deal.  Life goes on, everyone makes mistakes.  Overall, I was so proud of her.  

Before her coach left the gym, she had her level 4 skills but the level 4's didn't have them yet so weren't going to compete.  His plan was to have her start in level 3 and when her teammates were ready, she would finish the season with level 4.  When they started to compete, she really wanted to try level 4 but she didn't know the routines.  I thought the phase would end but she kept begging so I finally talked to her coach about it who formulated a plan for her to learn the next level and compete in December.  That meant she would stop competing level 3 and not go to state.  I left it up to her and she really wanted to do level 4.  I didn't know what she would decide because she loves her teammates but she didn't falter in her decision and has seemed happy.   So that is what she is working on.  I really didn't think she would stick with gymnastics.  It is a lot of hours and I didn't think she loved it that much but she really wants to learn new skills and is excited to learn the new routines.

I am proud of the life lessons she is learning of hard work, confidence and resilience.  I worry about the hours and balance of life so continue to be prayerful that she and I will both know if or when the hours become too much. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons