Vacation Homes

Last summer I had a fleeting thought that a vacation home would be nice.  I thought about it for a day and realized I wouldn't want to go to the same place on vacation every time.  We live in an area where we can go to the beach, a lake, San Francisco, Yosemite, Tahoe, skiing all within a couple of hours.  I would get bored going to the same place so the idea fleeted. 

My best friend is moving from Utah to Sacramento area and when I saw pictures of her home I joked that she is buying my vacation home.  Part joking, part reality.  She is buying this beautiful home with a gorgeous pool, sport court, minutes from the lake and temple plus a family I love!!!  Vacation home in my opinion is around water, has a pool or hot tub, filled with friends or family to talk!!

I am grateful for such great friends. The day is always better with great friends.  The places that we are doesn't really matter, but friends make  I have been thinking a lot lately about the conference talks and fortifying my home.   After conference I reflected on a couple of things. We have a prophet who is an incredible man.  It is evident that he uses his time for good.  Not some of his time but all of his time for good.  I was talking to a friend today about how disciplined he is in his exercise, what he eats and how he uses his time.  As such, he has lived an incredibly full life.  There is so much time I waste on pointless things or things I could do better. I have seen and thought a lot about depression.  Blake was so angry this summer and I really thing it was a culmination of a lot of things but one huge factor was that he was not doing uplifting and edifying things with his time but sucked into electronics.  It saddens me to go places that are amazing places or places where human interaction should occur and somehow electronics has crept in. 

The town right next to us is on the water of the San Francisco Delta.  It is a mix of vacation homes, retired and young families.  A lot of the homes are on the water.  We have friends who have lots of toys and we spent time this summer feeling like we were on vacation that was 15 minutes away.  It was heavenly!I realize I am in my happy place with good friends and something to do.  Another friend moved into my vacation home #3 a couple months ago.  The kids spent the entire, beautiful day playing tag on the water.  It was amazing.  This is what I call a dream childhood! 

Here are some pics of our day....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons