A Great Sunday

We have had the flu going around the past couple of days.  It started with Blake throwing up on Thursday night, me going in the spare room to sleep with him and getting sick the next day.  Danny getting sick Friday night and the Kira and Scott throwing up in the middle of the night on Saturday.
So today, I decided to stay home with the kids from church so we didn't pass this around to everyone at church.  Even though we were at a ward party the day before.  I hope people don't get this.

The kids played so nice all day.  That is rare for us. And it was like a magical day!  Danny went to church in the morning.

Kira and Tyler colored and played games.  Then the kids would go from one kids to another playing various games, coloring, cards, etc.   I think it helped that Scott laid on the couch too sick to move most of the morning and Kira was probably lethargic from the night before.

We are doing the advent of #lighttheworld that the church is doing this year.  Essentially you do 25 things leading up to Christmas.  Today was thinking of how we can honor our Father and doing something for him this week to better honor him.  Danny wants to read the scriptures every morning, I want to study the scriptures for 30 minutes each day and journal, Scott wants to say morning and evening prayers, Tyler, Kira and Blake want to be kind.

In the afternoon the boys played chess.  Then they cut fabric and started making bean bags.  The sewing machine has been out since Danny wanted to give a christmas tree oranment to Britton and Renee Olson for Christmas.  It has actually been a blessing to have it out on the table because Scott and Tyler have been using it for various projects.  It is fun to see them sewing and figure out how to better use the machine.  They put it to use to make bean bags and now Scott wants to sell them for the next open market.

We ended the night with the Christmas Devotional which was really good.  Elder Eyring spoke on doing a family nativity with his kids and how it taught them to love the Savior.  I really want to start that tradition with our family.  I didn't grow up with the gospel in my life or really many faith promoting traditions and realize that it is difficult for me as a mom to stick to traditions.  But that is something that we can do, no matter how small or simple it is.  So that is a goal I have for this year. It was nice to listen to the mormon tabernacle choir and a great tradition to enjoy listening to the devotional.

Danny made home made cinnamon rolls that he worked really hard on all day.  He ran off to choir (which he forgot about tonight) and put on a timer.  I went up to put the kids in bed and read to them and when the timer went off I came down and they are pretty burnt.  I feel so bad.  I guess we will just have to try again.  Other than that, there was added peace in the home today which I am so grateful for!

Comments

Chelle said…
I'm so glad you were able to take an awful experience and make something wonderful out of it. Sometimes I think its actually a blessing to be sick bc it forces you to slow down and focus on the essentials. Awesome you guys have a sewing machine! But sorry about the cinnamon rolls. That is such a bummer.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons