Scrooge

We are so lucky to live within an hour of a temple that has a visitors center.  They put on the musical scrooge this week.  Last year I really wanted to go see the nutcracker but it was sold out, so this year I made sure to get on early and get tickets.  I also decided to get tickets for Scrooge.  We went for a family and it was fun.

Scott is playing Scrooge for his class play, which is very low key but fun for him to see the real production.  We got a last minute babysitter for Parker and went to the temple.  The parking was CRAZY!  I wasn't expecting that many people at all.  I dropped off the kids to find their dad in the line, which thankfully they did and then searched for parking.

They did a good job at the play.  It was a good production.  It was a little long for the kids and maybe adults but we all had a fun time and most importantly seemed to get something out the message.  Tyler said, "I wish the spirits could visit me so I could be nice."  I laughed.  I told him that he didn't need spirits to come visit him to be nice. He is trying to be nicer to Kira.  He has gotten into a habit of being mean to her.  He says God isn't answering his prayers to be nice to her.  I told him that he will answer prayers to help him be nicer, but ultimately Tyler needs to choose to be nice.  The power of agency.

At least he is thinking about being nice.  That is a start.  Today he was actually a lot nicer to her than he usually is.  She gets anxiety and I think it is 90% his doing so it is something we are really working on in our family.

I would love to have one more kid, but then realize that there is so much that we do from skiing, going out to dinner, activities, etc that are hard to do with babies.  We started to get babysitters, which makes spending time with the family actually happen, instead of walking the halls with a toddler.

Overall it was a good time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons