Journaling

Teaching Gospel Doctrine continues to be on my all time favorite callings.  I love it!  I look forward to teaching (maybe because it is an hour that I have kid free to give my full attention to a lesson without interruptions of kids or babies.  I also get distracted to talking to friends in halls a lot.  I need to work on that.  I recognize that I don't need to teach to really get the most out of classes and need to improve on punctuality, really preparing and making the most of each lesson. It really isn't about being in the class or an hour each Sunday, but making that lesson a part of your previous week and week ahead.  One of the many things to work on!

Well, last week I taught Gospel Doctrine (still one of my favorite callings ever!!)) I actually get energy and excited to teach.  I think it is what I was made to do in life, whether it be my little preschoolers once a month, swimmers or the gospel.  I love it!  It also helps me read and study my scriptures, even though lately, I haven't dedicated as much time as I should.  Time to recommit on that as well. 

A big section of the class was on recording your life.  I have read the Book of Mormon several times but it wasn't until teaching it that I grew to love and appreciate those small, little, what seemed insignificant chapters of Jarom and Omni.  I knew they weren't insignificant because they were in the Book of Mormon, but never realized what a treasure they were!  They show how critical it is to be a record keeping person. They talk of a civilization that didn't keep records, whose language was lost and remembrance of the Savior was lost.  I have majorly slacked on keeping up a journal.  Danny has done a great job at trying to post to the blog once a month. When we were in NewYork someone commented about how grateful they were to Danny for that. I started the blog when Tyler was really sick and it has kind of fallen by the wayside, but I am going to try to recommit to be better.  I love writing, more for me than anything, and really love that one day I can look back to remember the good and the bad, the easy and the hard.  So here I go.  Thanks Omni and Jarom!

Comments

Chelle said…
I am a huge fan of journaling! I actually pulled out my journal from high school yesterday and was laughing my head off because I had forgotten the majority of the stuff that had happened. It really is so important to keep records, I totally agree! And it's so fun to look back on, and see what your kids were doing when they were younger. It's sad how fast we forget!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons