MY VILLAGE

I just want to say how grateful I am for the village of adults, youth and kids that are helping to raise and influence my kids.

One thing about going back to work, not having family in town and having 5 kids in all different directions is that you need a village and I am so lucky that I have the best one!

This week, Scott was kind of sad that he didn't know anyone on his new team, we said a prayer and that day he met some great kids who he now looks forward to going and hanging out.  When I got to work, I introduced him to two older boys playing basketball, they immediately included him and made him feel welcome, telling him that they were new to the team a year or two ago and understood.  What great kids!

I have Tyler's baseball team who helps pick him up so he can get to games on time and Kira's gymnastics coaches reach out to know how to help her since she has had the hardest time with me going to work.  I had a friend coming over to get something and we needed to get out the door, so she jumped into action and helped get my kids dressed.  I have babysitters who come and love and play with my kids.  I am so lucky!!

It used to be hard for me to ask for help.  It isn't anymore and that has been one of the greatest lessons I have learned as a parent.  Feeling Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons