And the cat had babies!

 Mel had four kittens about two weeks ago.  I was suspicious that she was preggers because not only did she start getting fat, she spent a lot of time just laying around.  One night she started to bleed.  I said, "It's happening!"

Heidi was in denial.  Then Mel's water broke on Tyler's bed.  Heidi didn't want the kittens born on Tyler's bed so she moved the cat into the bathroom.  After about an hour of howling, Heidi let Mel out.  Mel birthed the kittens on Tyler's bed.  The kids were stoked.  They were up a few times throughout the night to check on the kittens.  I didn't want kittens, but you gotta admit, it's special for the kids to witness the whole circle of life like that.


Tyler's pretty proud that she chose his bed.




Scott's been into making cookies and his have been pretty tasty.  


Mister's growing right up.  He talks quite a bit even though it's unintelligible gibberish.  He's been walking for about three weeks now.

Kira has chosen this white one as her kitty.


Heidi's job has been going pretty well.  I was worried about the increased work load it would put on me to have her gone for meal times but I gotta say, it's actually been nice.  Tonight we had Thai chicken skewers on the barbie with rice and salad.  Heidi had marinated the chicken and prepared the salad, so I just barbecued it and made the ride in the cooker.  The kids have been doing their chores and then we play UNO to cap off the night.  Then Kira and Blake fall asleep and then I read Harry Potter to Tyler.  We're in book four now.

Okay, that's all for now.

Comments

DavidandJuliann said…
Congratulations on four new cats!
Chelle said…
Aww, those pictures are so sweet! I will admit I was a little disappointed that our cats already came spayed and neutered. There is something so special about kittens, like you said. I laughed out loud at that nail cried for an hour in the bathroom until she could get back on Tyler's bed. She knew what she wanted! Sounds like you make some pretty awesome dinners Danny! And I can't believe Parker is already walking! Craziness. My kids had a lot of fun doing face time with your kids. Will have to do it again.
cici said…
Tyler is the chosen one :)
Very captivating Photos

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons