McMillan family reunion at Bear Lake

We had a great vacay to Utah for the annual McMillan family reunion.  This year we stayed at a cabin near Bear Lake and we took the back roads.  It was pretty straightforward until we exited 80 East onto Nevada 233.  We were in the middle of nowhere and the van was running out of gas.  I pulled off the road to this gas station at 6:18 am and it didn't open until 7:00.  The owner was there, setting up stuff, and I thought he would accommodate me since I'm not from those parts.  Well, no, but at seven he said the gas was ready and I could fuel up.  


First we went to the beach.  The shallow water was warm but the lake was a chilly 64 degrees, so after a dip, we just hung out in the sand.  The boys and I drove the RC cars but they all had failures that day.

Our first excursion was to Minnetonka cave.  I'm pretty sure I've been there but it was Heidi's first time.



Kira and Blakey had had it, so Heidi left the tour early and this was the only shot I got of them.







On Saturday we saw Beauty and the Beast at the Pickle Valley Playhouse.  It was super good.  Better than expected.  There's a lot of talent in Utah.  My favorite character was Lumiere.






Adam borrowed this Hobie cat and sailed around quite a bit.  I went with him twice and we got going maybe 15 knots.


Found some snow in Tony Grove.  Tyler got too cold too fast.



Early morning fishing with Grampy.  Tyler was stoked to drive Afterburner.


We didn't catch any fish with the traditional methods, but Scott and Tyler were excited to play with the carp.  Carp are gross.  They're garbage disposers.

Some nice water in the harbor on Monday morning.

Heidi got right up on the wakeboard and made a couple of jumps.  She did pretty well, especially considered that the last time she wakeboarded was probably 2004 at Trinity.  I wakeboarded too and did some huge jumps, and I felt good because I was scared of being a young has-been.  The back held up and I tried some flips but didn't land.  Now, two days later, I have soreness everywhere except maybe my chewing muscles.









Horseback riding was interesting.  I think the horses have more than one horsepower.  Tyler and Scott rode these quarter horses and Kira and Blakey rode ponies.  


We rented these ATV's and did a course.  I was able to test the capability of our craft.  The renter guy said they were very powerful, and I was expecting them to take off like the VFR.  Not exactly, but still, the suspension was adequate and I liked being able to drift on command.  

It was a great trip.  

Comments

Chelle said…
All your pics look so good!! You're going to put them on Dropbox right? I have to ask Jared how to do it again...I never remember! So awesome to spend time w/ you guys and I love seeing the kids play together. You guys are lots o' fun!
Julia M. said…
Looks dreamy!! You have an amazing family--like you and Heidi and the greater McMillan crew.
Janine said…
Oh, it was so fun to be with you all! Thank you for the awesome pics and thank you for seeing that the boat wheel had a problem! I don't know what we would have done if we had tried to take the boat home--it would have been a disaster. So fun to be with your family.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons