Fun with the little didge

Remember when people used cameras to take pictures?  Yeah.  At least 90% of people now use their phones for all of their photo needs, and the other 10% or less use dSLR's.  Me?  I use all three, and yesterday was the little didge's turn, my 2004 Canon powershot Elph.  Heck, it could be a 2003 or 2002 but I wouldn't know because I bought it on ebay for $12.  

These pictures are somewhat posed, but it's still fun to look back through the blog archive to see how the kids have grown and see the clothes they're in.  






I'm not in the pictures that much so this was fun.  Got my trusty Honda hat on and my huge glasses.  Heidi recommended against these pair, saying they were too big for my face.  Well, you know what?  I don't care what people think; I was going for over-the-top and I didn't want any light to get in.  I always wear a hat outside the home, and sometimes inside, but it's hard to get into glasses because either Heidi loses them (most common) or they break.  Well, she has three of her own pair and I keep these hidden but both handles broke.  I had to repair them with MMA and if you look closely, you can see.
Photo bombs from Blakey and Jack


A BNSF diesel electric train stopped right in front of us and distracted the boys for a time.  Here, Scott is crossing home after a triple.

We think they're watching the game but they're probably checking out the train.  The rail crew were watching the game from their deck so I approached and asked, "Is there a problem with your locomotive?"

Turns out they had been on the clock for 12 hours and a relief crew had to come, and for that, they had to stop the train.  They had only been underway for an hour but waited at the station for this train to arrive from Chicago.

Scott was pretty stoked to get a homer.  I remember getting homers too because I ran fast and the kids would overthrow the ball.


It was in the high 90's and the kids played in the sprinklers.



Scott fouled this ball and you can see the low cut of his swing.

I should crop this photo, but this will have to do.   Denae could appreciate that.



It was a good game and then we drove RC cars out front.  The two things I like most about the little didge are that the focal length is so short that almost everything is in focus and you don't have to worry about getting the eyelashes in focus.  Second, it's so lightweight that it slips in your pocket.

I know that it's slick to take a picture or video on your phone--cuz I do that too--and then upload it to whatever social media rage you subscribe to, but the quality of the little didge and SLR is still better.  And the only people who still blog are Dan-o, my sister and Denae, but I prefer blogging to fb/instagram/twitter/whatev. #whatev.  See what I learn from my e-gossip?  People put hashtags on everything.  Okay, bye.

Comments

Heart Mommy said…
And me Danny!!! I still follow you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons