My berfday

It was my birthday weekend.  I always have high expectations for my birth week and a lot of that burden has fallen on Heidi.  I was talking to Steve this week and he said, "When you hit 30 or 35, your birthday becomes less about you and more about spending time with those you love."

I had already ordered my computer stuff and my parents got me some memory for the macbook and an Alpinestars beanie, so I was pretty much set with gifts.  Then Heidi stepped up and made homemade snickers, rather than a cake, because that's what I wanted.  Then she surprised me with some household items we needed, like glasses, towels, ingredient canisters, and a stretcher for my silly back.

My birthday fell on Sunday and I woke up early to stretch and get the bacon going.  I was determined to be happy, because even though it was my day, I was going to make everyone else's day good by being in a good mood.  You can't go wrong with bacon, and I also prepared french toast and orange julius.  Mmmm, it was tasty.

Mike asked me to swap lessons with him in elders quorum, so I taught lesson 21:  Loving God more than loving the things of the world.  It was a good lesson.  I always joke about teaching, "It's easy.  You just ask the questions at the end of the lesson, get a discussion going, and just moderate the discussion."

Then the missionaries came over for dinner.  The kids were already in Sunday-afternoon-hyper mode, but it was even more pronounced with the presence of our missionary guests.  We put them to bed at 7:30 and then Heidi and I watched a Netflix.  It was a good berfday.  I think Heidi was happy that I was in a good mood.  Okay, bye.

Comments

Chelle said…
Wow, sounds like it was a busy b-day! Good for you for looking for ways to serve others. I feel so bad we weren't able to connect yest. I don't know why the calls kept dropping! We'll have to try again. And hopefully my b-day card came today. Happy, happy b-day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons