Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December

Santa Claus visited the Brentwood 3rd ward's Christmas party.  This might be the first time all the kids are in the picture and there are no tears.  
This list must be from kids club.  Where does he hear about these things?  Heidi and I are only responsible for the iphone.  Well, good luck, Tyler!  But I bet Santa is feeling the recession, too.

Scott got a certificate from school to Rubio's.  He wanted to go on the VFR, so last night we went, on the coldest night of the season.  I ordered a mahi-mahi taco and it was Taco Tuesday, so we each got a fish taco.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Fish tacos are kinda the niche for Rubio's.

Good old Taco Tuesday.  Dan-o, Hobble, Rummage and I used to go to Taco Time every Tuesday ever since we could drive.  Sometimes Tadeo, Neal, Benj and Justin came and it was something we looked forward to.    We'd say, "Only six more Taco Tuesdays until graduation."

In college, we had pizza night.  Before Little Caesars offered the $6 pizza everyday, it was $5 on Mondays:  Monday Night Madness.  Well, before everyone and their dog had cell phones, we coordinated who was in for pizza night and then one or two of us would pick up the appropriate amount of pizzas.  Usually, three fed six of us.  I took white lightning and Dan-o and I would bike together for many Pizza Nights.  Once, there was a pizza under the heat lamps.  I asked about it and the employee--who, after months of seeing us, never learned our names--said, "Oh, you don't want that.  It's old."

I said, "I'll give you two bucks for it."

"Three."

"Fine, keep it,"

Exasperated, she said, "OKAY!  Two dollars!"

Yeah, pizza night.  My record for eating pizza was five meals in a row.  There was one semester where I had doughnuts for dinner every night.  Man, those were the days.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Ah, good old Taco Tuesday. And nice negotiating skills on the pizza. Tyler def has expensive taste! When Santa asked the kids what they wanted, Siena said "A ripstik." Turin said "A candy cane." I'm glad I have at least one kid whose needs are easily met. :)

Janine said...

That is the cutest picture ever of kids with Santa Claus. YOU never did like to be with Santa! I loved hearing your memories of taco Tuesday and pizzas--it describes you to a tee! Awesome.

Dan-o said...

I love being reminded of Taco Tuesday and Monday night Pizza night too. That was a lot of fun. I can't tell you how many pepperoni pizzas we ate, but I always was excited about eating another one. Must have been the fact that if I didn't eat one it would have meant frozen bean burritos or Pastaroni. I like those things, but not as much as Pizza Night. Remember the pizza night when we pulled the engine out of the motorcycle ('78 XL350)? I remember it was pizza night because of the picture with me holding the engine in one hand and the pizza in another. College was a blast.