The Name

This was the first kid that Danny and I really didn't have a name picked out.  We didn't even really discuss it.  We liked the name Daxon.  I pulled up a name list at the hospital and we liked Luke, Blake and Jake.  Funny how things can change.  Scott liked Blake the best, so as I was filling out the birth certificate today, Danny said we should call him Blake since that is what Scott wanted. He said they don't have a choice in having another sibling but can at least choose the name. Tyler and Scott thought the baby should be Skyler for the past couple of months since that is both of their names combined so we let them have Skyler for the middle name. I like Skyler, but it would have been too much with a Tyler and Skyler in our family. S-K-YLER (all three of the kids names).  So that's it for the name folks.  Brought to you by our three kids.  Still getting used to a boy named Blake.  I think it is cute.  It fits in with Scott, Tyler and Kira well plus he just kind of looks like a Blake.

Comments

Chelle said…
Wow what perfect timing! I'd just gotten on to see if you guys had updated b/c I was dying to know the name, and you'd updated 23 seconds ago! I LOVE the name! How cool that the kids got to pick it. And your labor story sounds dreamy. I am still waiting to have an epidural that is even halfway decent. I'm glad yours have been good for you! So you went with a midwife? I'd love to hear more about that. Nice you only had to push two times! How much did he weigh? Well, he is just beautiful and I can't wait to meet him in a few weeks. Post lots of pics!
Jenny said…
Great news! I am so glad all went well. What a cute little guy you have. Wishing you a fast recovery and when you can sleep that it will be restfull! Love you!
Unknown said…
Congrats!! Love that you let your kids name him. I'm so happy to hear that you had such an easy labor!
DavidandJuliann said…
Congratulations! We love the name Blake Skyler. What a great story. We love you!
DavidandJuliann said…
Congratulations! We love the name Blake Skyler. What a great story. We love you!
Heather said…
Love his name. AND Him too. Roman and Paisley can't wait to meet their new cousin.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons