Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm free!

Yes, I'm off crutches! I got my 3 month post-op x-ray and evaluation done in Oakland, and the doctor was stoked. He said, "You look great. Your x-ray looks great. And you are totally healed!" He showed me the x-ray and I agreed. At 8 weeks, I wasn't too happy about how things looked. He told me to abandon the crutches and then said, "But don't run any marathons for three more months."

So what did I do when I got home? Fired up the VFR and took a cruise. Man, the VFR is so great. She is so powerful and responsive, especially after driving around the schlow Riv. I am stoked! This morning, I rode white lightning to work. Yessssssssss.

8 comments:

Dan-o said...

Danny,
That is great news! I'm so glad you have left the confines of the crutches world. You really do deserve a nice long ride on the VFR.
I liked your rant about GM and the "stupid" stimulus package too. We were bummed about the stimulus when we went to the Toyota dealer to drive some used 4-runners. They had several on the lot that were exactly what we were looking for but they couldn't show them to us because they were Clunkered. Lame. Obama may have stimulated the new car industry, but all of us that buy medium old used cars just got hosed since all the cars we were interested in are getting smashed for no good reason. Double lame.

Julia M. said...

Congrats, Danny! That's awesome! Just in time to enjoy the warm fall weather, right?

Chelle said...

Wahoo! I bet that feels so good to not have the crutches anymore. Have you tried running yet?

Heather said...

Congrats Danny! Your patience has paid off for a good recovery. Hope everything is starting to feel back to normal soon.

Laurel said...

YEAH Danny! That is wonderful news!

The MacMizzles said...

Yay!! Danny, seriously, I can relate, and being 100% mobile is true happiness! Yay again!

DavidandJuliann said...

Danny,
The VFR is sweet. Congratulations on getting rid of the crutches. It has been a long haul for you but you have made it. We admire you.

dayna said...

Congrats on surviving a long 3-months! You made it. We'd love to see you guys soon.