Organ Donations

Growing up I never gave much thought to organ donation. It's not a general topic talked about. I checked the organ donation box on my driver's liscense from merely thinking, "why not?" Tyler's heart journey, his need for an eventual transplant and following the stories of people saved by organ donation makes me want to plead to the world to become an organ donor. So if you are considering it here are a few reasons to do so.....

Owen has HLHS and is a little younger than Tyler. He is awaiting his new heart. http://simmonsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com/



Gracie is getting her new heart right now. The left ventricle is having a hard time so please pray for her.

I just found this family's blog. Paul Cardall is awaiting his heart. He is the proud dad and husband to an amazing family. He received his Fontan as a child.

Kaidence. This miracle received her new heart and is doing great!

And last but not least our sweet Tyler.

There are countless, hundreds others awaiting their hearts. All with mothers and fathers who love them, children who need them and family and friends who are inspired by them.

Comments

ChrisnDave said…
I have this great bumper sticker that says something to the effect of "Don't take your organs with you when you die - Heaven knows we need them down here!"
Great post!! Before Owen, I never thought of Organ Donation..especially when it came to my child. I don't know if I would have made that decision with Kamryn had something happened to her. I think in that moment of grief and tragedy... you don't know what to do.

Raising awareness is HUGE!!

I am so thrilled that Tyler is doing so well!! :)
allison said…
Heidi, I also signed up for Camp Taylor in Santa Cruz! That would be fun to be there together, but like you I haven't heard back.

I've been feeling pretty good, I actually don't feel pregnant at all. I'll have a fetal echo & the ultrasound next week when I'm 20 weeks. I'm a little anxious, but honestly I feel alright all things considered.

By the way, why does Tyler look like a 3 year old on that horsey???? I think it's been a while since I've seen a recent picture! He is so cute! Gosh they really aren't babies any more:(
Unknown said…
Heidi, I've been out of touch for a while. I just went back and read through a number of your posts from the last couple of months. Wow, Heidi! I had no idea. It was really good to read about your experiences and feel your happiness with your family, as well as your faith through the challenges you guys have.

So glad you have you as a friend, and I remember times from the mission with great fondness.
Paul Cardall said…
thanks!! you're awesome...
Beth said…
Heidi, it's crazy. . . I just hopped on your blog randomly to see how you guys are doing. We have friends from college who just came out to visit a couple weeks ago. They have a son who is 8 that has some serious heart prob (not great with heart lingo), and will someday need a transplant. She keeps up with Paul Cardall's blog, and has been keeping me up with baby Gracie. She just posted a similar thought about donating. It is SO important, and you realize it more when your life has been touched by someone in need! You guys are amazing people!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons