Friday, October 31, 2008

My Mood

This morning Danny and I woke up and felt like this....TIRED!! Having to get to Tyler's doctor appt felt like this.....
We met with the cardiologist and doctor this morning. Things are going well and we will do another lung scan in about 6 months to see if we will do another cath. I just might turn into this cat...

For all the people who emailed, sent cards, flowers and phoned who I haven't been able to call back, know that we appreciate and love you. I am not great or even good at being a quick replier or even writing cards. I am actually horrible at it. I am sure that people who get offended by that have found a friend elsewhere and those that are still with me just have come to find something else they like about me. Should I change? Probably. Am I going to? I should, but I just don't know if I will. At least I'm not in denial. Anyway, you often don't talk about the energy, both time and mental, that having a sick child sometimes takes. My Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays have activities for Scott and therapy for Tyler. I also work at night. The playgroups and co-op's have been GREAT for Scott. I wouldn't change it for the world. I didn't really want to go to bible study this week and asked Scott if he wanted to go to pre-school (that's what we call his little school there) and he said yes. Can you believe it? He doesn't complain as long as Tyler goes to his class down the hall. The teachers said that Scott had so much fun. He made a pumpkin and even talks about the kids in his class. This hasn't been an easy adjustment for him. It really helps when he knows Tyler is safe and not at the hospital or doctors. He needs to go wherever Tyler goes, including the doctor, to make sure Tyler is ok. I always plan on relaxing Monday and Friday, however, they have been filled with random doctor appts, assessments and tests. Before you feel bad for us, don't, because we do have it relatively easy. We have so many friends and family who support us, a child that is relatively healthy compared to many, and miniscual financial, familial and other stresses in our life. So part of being tired (a big part) is totally our fault. After the doctors appt, instead of getting babysitters, massages, pedicures and going to lunch, we decided to continue laying laminate flooring in our condo. What is wrong with us? Well, it looks great if that is any consolation. I guess we have some things to learn about relaxing. Until then, I will be learning how to do this....
Rest & Relaxation!!

Danny and I need a vacation. We should just take a couple of days off, hop on a plane and go to Mexico or Hawaii (I prefer Mexico). Now why is that so hard for us to do? I have no idea, but it is. I think one of my resolutions is to ensure that we get away more as a couple and family. We work hard and are able to get away, but just don't. I have a feeling this lesson is going to be a great one to learn. Some of our friends and all of our family are great at this, while some others are in our boat. It must be in my genes somewhere. I must locate those genes. Ok, time to go carve a pumpkin and go trick or treating and perhaps meet friends at trains in the park. Oh the irony of it all.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, you deserve a vacation. ASAP! AND I think you need to go somewhere tropical to sit by the pool and just relax.

Thanks for stopping by last night. Had so much fun seeing Scott so excited for all the candy and Tyler was too cute in his lion costume.

ChrisnDave said...

So River was pretty sick the last few days - he'd had that fever over the weekend and then he got all these nasty sores in his mouth - turned out to be gingivostomatitis - I REALLY hope he didn't give it to your boys while we were out there!!! Anyway, he was really miserable and couldn't eat and slept terribly and as I was awake all night long trying to soothe a baby and not wanting to go to 12 hours of work, all I could think about was you and all you've been through and that helped me put things in perspective and just be thankful!!! Thanks for your great example!

Jacquie said...

Pick a time (anytime) and Dad & I will have a great time taking care of the boys. Thank you for being the "best" with the house, Ruby, Nelson and Stuie while we were gone on vacation for 3 weeks.
You're the best!!
Love, Grandma&Pop