Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Scott's Photos & Tyler's Bili Counts

Scott's Baby.

Mom, Grandma and Ruby (scott's best friend)

1/2 of Mom and Baby Brother
Mom.

Scott steals the camera any chance he can get and loves to snap pictures of his baby. He also told me and Grandma to sit, sit, sit so he could take our picture. I am quite proud of his photographic skills. I love that toddlers want to do anything and everything that mom and dad do. Toys are over-rated, they want the real thing. Danny is on the look out for a used "didge" for Scott. As for Tyler, here are the results from our labs and Dr. appt. Tyler's direct bilirubin counts went from 5.7 to 6.8 and total bili from 9.0 to 9.1. He weighed in at 10.14 ounces (1%) for his age and a whooping 25 1/4" (25%). So the bilirubin went a little higher, however, his poop is looking better, which we were told might be the first indication that medication is working. We will see what Dr. Rosenthal has to say tomorrow. We are hoping for no liver surgeries prior to his heart surgery, however, want to fix whatever is bothering his GI and liver. I'll keep you updated. He is such a strong little guy. We love them both so much.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Heidi, I know you don't really know me, but I had to comment. . . . I was looking at cute pictures of your family and the more I read about what you guys have on your plate, the more I was crying. I don't know what my deal is, because we really don't know each other at all. I just think you have a beautiful family and you carry yourself so well and have an amazing outlook on life. I hope you don't mind that I check in every once in a while, but it is motivating to me!

Angie said...

How cute of Scott! It will be fun to see more pics from the (used) didge. We are thinking of you guys and are so grateful for your examples!

Rita said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm praying for all of you. Thanks for sharing your story. I love the pics that Scott took - he really does seem like a mini-Danny. :)

Kerry Hoaglund said...

Those pictures are adorable! I think photography is in this boy's future! :) So cute!