Monday, April 13, 2020

Homeschooling The Family

My biggest struggle with homeschooling is dealing with Parker and Hanna while I homeschool.  They have little or no interest in doing school and want me to entertain them by jumping on the trampoline, going on a bike ride, etc.  I am sure it is my doing.

Now that Danny is home, we can get so much done because they are also entertained.  It is amazing how much you can get done when you don't have a 2 and 5 year old being really needy.

I found some amazing curriculum and am excited to finish up this school year with the kids.  I am in awe of how many amazing curriculums there are in the world.  We started a human body unit today that I am excited about. We did an ELA lesson that all the kids learned from.  We are reading story of the world which I love.  They do math independently.  We start our day with listening to a conference talk and journaling. Love it!  Grateful for this time to learn and grow with the kids.  For us to learn to work together (which we need a lot of help with).  My kids love to pester each other.  If that is what we gain the most out of this, that will be the greatest success.  How to be supportive, helpful and kind to each other. How to help each other.  They are all great helpers to others at school.  If only that translated to home but I am hopeful in time it will.

It was so nice that it was sunny today. We sat outside and reviewed all about prepositions and commas with prepositions and prepositional phrases.  It was so nice being on the trampoline in the sun to learn.

Grateful for this time!

No comments: