Buying an Answering Machine

I have waisted countless hours (not exaggerating) of my life with both comcast and ATT.  Danny bought a second dental practice which needs the same carrier.  Unfortunately, one had ATT and the other Comcast.  After doing my homework and comparing the two companies we choose Comcast.  I was afraid they would cancel the ATT service before we switched the practice over to Comcast.  Everyone assures me that willn't happen.  I wanted to overlap the service for a week just in case they screwed up. Again, reassured that would never happen and isn't possible because the number has to be released from one to another.

Well, Danny went into the office and voicemail and call forwarding were cancelled.  Comcast couldn't set it up because their phone lines weren't in and ATT couldn't reinstate it because they had released the numbers.  I called one and they said I had to reach out to the other.  Neither could do anything.  A tech came to install Comcast and came too late to do anything.  He was rescheduled and didn't show.  The date was days away and when I tried to move it sooner, they couldn't do it because the other carrier would then push the date back a mandatory 5 more days.

It was CRAZY!  Nobody could help.  I was willing to pay.  I was willing to do whatever but they just blamed the other and said there was nothing they could do.

Well, I have had these crazy experiences lately that test my patience to the max.  Make me want to hit my head against the wall.  With people, with businesses, with doctors appts, with pool issues.  I step back and wonder if I am going crazy then I realize that I am praying for more patience and keenly aware I need to work on patience and recognize that these are indeed helping me gain patience amidst loosing my mind.

So after getting nowhere.  After managers managers want to help me but just can't because the account is frozen on both ends, I go online to look for an answering machine.  Office Depot has one but it isn't in the store.  In fact almost every company has them but only avaiable online unless I want a pretty expensive whole phone system.  After 5 simple minutes of looking Walmart can get it delivered to the store same day which was just a couple of hours left for less than $20...AMAZING!

Put in my credit card, they sent me a text and I just go pick it up at the desk.  So did I learn my lesson of patience?  Yes!  I learned that sometimes we have to think outside the box.  Instead of getting frustrated that there must be a solution, sometimes there is a much simpler solution down a different road.

So as much as my day was a total waste, spent on the phone with companies who were useless, I learned to not bang my head against the wall.  Not even loose my cool and just find a solution.  If only I thought of it right away, but then I guess I would have missed out on the important lesson of owning a business. Just get it done.  Think outside the box.  There is always a solution. Empowering I tell ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons