Friday, October 6, 2017

Swim Meet Fail & Sewing

I entered Kira and Scott in the swim meet next weekend but forgot to pay and the meet closed.  Totally something I would do and total bummer because I go to work anyway and they both wanted to go.  Oh well.  But making lemonade out of lemons.  Scott was bummed because he wanted to do 200 breast and 200 free.  What a difference compared to a month ago when he was too scared to do those events and complained that he needed to do meets.  He said he was excited to do new events.  Progress as a swimmer.  He thinks he is going to do one more year of Dana Hills then switch to year round.  I am excited for him. I think he will have a great time and develop as a swimmer.  He is pretty small and skinny and did great with 50's but it will be fun to see him gain confidence in other events and grow as a swimmer.  Only problem is going so far for swim but  I am putting it in the Lords hands.  It is so nice having danny so close to us, bike the kids to school, come home for lunch, and be 5  minutes from home by bike.  One of our greatest blessings in life for our entire family.  However, now I am finding myself commuting the kids to their activities that are all about 30 minutes away.  Kids activities seem to be a lot more established in Walnut Creek area.  It is so nice having him close to home but becoming a pain to drive the kids to activities.  I don't mind the driving.  It is actually nice to think, listen to the radio, talk to the kids but I know it would be nicer for them to be home for dinner and give them more down time at home.  Especially as homework starts.  Right now they all pretty much do their home work at school. 

I am totally content and feel very blessed right now in life. A lot of that comes from the addition of Hanna.  The other part comes from loving what I do.  I am blessed for my jobs, Danny's work is going great, our kids are doing relatively well.  Life is pretty simple and great!  We love our callings!  Both in callings that we are good at and allows us to be with our family.  So I realize it can't get much better except for commuting to Walnut Creek and Concord but that is pretty minimal in the scheme of things.  Part of me realizes that it can't get much better than that so I am hesitant to change anything about it.  Dana hills is really close to us so it is basically just from Sept-Dec driving to aquabears but come next year it would be all year.  We shall see what ends up happening.  It always all works out and I know it will work out how it should. 

One activity Tyler started was sewing.  After getting over the  fact that he was the only boy in the class, he is really enjoying it.  So far he has made a baby blanket, pillow case and apron.  He said that the hardest part is thinking about how he is going to design his project.  He said he spends all his time thinking about what to do and then only has about 30 minutes to sew.  That is the same way I am.  So not creative.  I worry too much about it turning out just right so grateful he gets to be in something that allows him to think and create since it is hard for him.  He is enjoying learning how to sew. Our sewing machine needs a new pedal that Danny is ordering so it will be fun to see him comfortable on the sewing machine. Always great learning new skills!

Best part of his sewing is that he walks from his class to my work and comes into the pool with a big smile on his face excited to show me his creation.  Glad he is enjoying it so much!

1 comment:

DavidandJuliann said...

Great to hear about swimming and sewing.