Sunday, July 16, 2017

Pentathlon

Pentathlon means they swim five events (maybe this is obvious to you if you grew up swimming, but I didn't, so I have to explain it from my point of view.  I thought a pentathlon involved swimming, biking, running, rifle shooting, and one more event).  It's a huge meet.  They divide it over two days and Scott's day was Sunday, so he opted to not swim it.  It was over 100 degrees, too.  The kids had fun.  Kira did pretty good.  

I've wanted a Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS lens for a while, so I thought I'd practice with the lower-tiered 70-300 we obtained from Grandma.  The optics aren't bad but the aperture is limited to 5.6.  I don't know if I'd use the L lens enough to justify its purchase price, but who knows?  Maybe if I had it, I'd use it more.  











Since I forgot to post for 4th of July, I'll include some pictures here.




We went to Heather's neighborhood for the parade.  I rode my unicycle.  Those must not be popular here because one person said, "Oh!  Look at that bike, with uh, one wheel.  A one-wheeled bike."  Scott was impressed, though.





1 comment:

Chelle said...

A one wheeled bike, ha ha! People are funny.