Capitol, kittens, and sports

The field trip to the capitol was enjoyable.  Scott liked talking with me about cars, finances, and his friends.  He was pretty happy to have gotten this beanie because then some of his friends also got them.


Vietnam war memorial

Garden of world peace

My favorite room was the senate room.





The kittens have been enjoyable.


Even when it's a hundred degrees outside, the kids still like jumping on the tramp.  They have taught themselves how to do backflips.





Tyler's baseball season has been on and off.  His coach is great and the team has improved a lot but Tyler lacks the confidence he had last year.  When he's at bat, it's as though he wants to just swing the bat to get his at-bat time over with.  Last year he could hit anything and he had this look on his face of sheer determination.  Now it's kind of a blank expression.  His team is in the playoffs though and just beat the #1 seeded team, so that's cool.


I was supposed to be home from work at 4:15 on Wednesday but I knew I wasn't gonna make it because of my cases.  I texted the babysitter to ask her to pick up Tyler from his swim party.  At 4:46 I called the babysitter, who apparently hadn't gotten my text.  She picked up Tyler from his swim party and took the kids to the game, at which point I showed up 16 minutes late with his bat bag, a chair, a sun shade, and some water.  The coach made a comment about Tyler's performance, or lack thereof, and I took offense to it.  I thought, Does he think we're the family that doesn't have it together?  You know, always late, or someone else taking Tyler to practice, or not being able to practice with Tyler because of the demands of the other kids.  I don't know, but it upset me.  I thought about things I could say to make him see that I'm doing my best but decided against it.  For all I know, the coach has to juggle several jobs and has all kinds of personal hardships but still makes it to practices and games on time.  So I didn't say anything.

I told Heidi about it and she said, "Well, we don't have it together."  Meaning Daddy doesn't have it together.  I was hurt.  Oh well.  I'm doing my best.  Okay, time to cut my hair and get breakfast going.

Comments

Chelle said…
Looks like it was an awesome field trip! Scott looks pretty cool in his beanie. And I'm glad Kira's white kitty was one of the ones that lived. Danny, you really are an awesome dad! I think most families feel like they don't "have it together." We all have different things were dealing with, that's why it doesn't do any good to compare ourselves with others. Just keep doing your best and the Lord will do the rest! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons