A meet in the heat

Yesterday was battle of the ages in Pleasant Hill.  It was a hundred degrees but we got a babysitter to watch Kira, Blake, and Parker at home.  So I sat in the shade and talked with my friends.  Scott wanted this silly cap which claimed to have decreased resistance, and when I told him no, he had a meltdown.  I thought I explained it well, that it would not appreciably increase his speed, but no.  So I got it for him so he could "feel" faster.  Well, he didn't eat adequately, and even though he ran a best time in his 50 fly, he was in a sour mood the rest of the day because he didn't finish first.  


Tyler, on the other hand, was in good spirits for the whole day.  He was adequately stimulated with the ipad and swam well, all things considered, especially the fact that he barely practices.


Kira had made some jello this morning and wanted to get her picture taken with it.  Scott was still in a sour mood but he's in better spirits now.  


Today in church we talked about facebook, and the guy giving the lesson said, "I don't get it.  I mean, it takes so much time to do that, I think, 'How can those people even get anything else accomplished?'"  Someone in the back said, "Make sure to like their posts, then."  And he goes, "Yeah, is it that they need validation?  I'm here getting a dress, I just got a latte, I mean, right?  Who cares?"  I thought the whole thing was pretty humorous and I agree that people waste way too much time.  You might think to yourself that it's a bit hypocritical that I post my thoughts on this blog, which is a form of social media, but I do this just for the McMillan family history.  Okay, that's all.

Comments

DavidandJuliann said…
Way to go Scott and Tyler at the swim meet!
DavidandJuliann said…
Way to go Scott and Tyler at the swim meet!
cici said…
Next time Scott is in a sour mood, Kira should make him some lemon jello :)
It's ~HOT~ and I'm grumpy too!
Anonymous said…
I absolutely adore the picture of the boy in the white swim cap. So far this is my favorite shot. I grabbed the hi resolution picture and when I downloaded it he appeared life size on my monitor. I rotated the picture vertically and he took my breath away. I could not believe I was getting to look at a boy like the up close and personal. What an awesome picture. It would definitely look beautiful on display life size in a large digital picture frame.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons