Scott's baseball game

I took the big camera to Scott's game at Adams.  It is a south-west facing field and the game was in the evening, so the sun was in our eyes the whole night.  But from this angle, the lighting was good.  


Scott jumps out of the way for a pitch that he felt was a ball.  The ump and I disagreed, but what can you do?  Scott struck out twice and was feeling pretty down.


Here he is hitting a foul ball

This is "down and ready."

I like the games at Adams because they're close and we can ride bikes, but the field has no trees for shade.  This morning, I was checking out some volunteer trees and wondered whether I could prune them to grow up and straight and provide shade in some fifty years.

One of the moms approached and said, "Are you looking for lizards?"

That's one of Scott's favorite outdoor pastimes.  He had brought his lizard collection to the game and he was pretty amped up about the one he had just caught.

I told the lady my thoughts about shade trees and then said, "Interestingly, when I took the cover off my car this morning, there was a lizard right on the door handle, so I brought it inside with the rest of the collection."

On the way home from baseball, there was another lizard on the sidewalk to the left of the house and Scott caught it.  Now he has five or six.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons