Exploratorium 2014

The exploratorium is my kind of place.  Advanced science in a friendly, inviting interface.  The kids had a good time too.



They moved the campus from the Palace of Fine Arts to Pier 15 and it is way better.  The outdoor patio was spacious and accommodating.


Scott's favorite part was the design drawer, but you had to take a ticket and wait for your turn.  We drew the ticket at 2:00 and our time was 4:00.  We were already burned out at two but stuck around for Scott, Tyler, and Kira to do their drawings.


We got rid of our table and chairs from the kitchen and replaced it with a nice, cherry wood table with six matching chairs.  Yesterday Heidi picked up the couch and loveseat from a nice home in San Carlos and I am stoked about them!  Real leather!

Yeah, it was funny, we went to check on a "leather" couch in Walnut Creek.  I scratched at the surface, smelled it, and said, "I don't think this is leather."

The seller was like, "Oh yeah, it's leather.  I paid twelve hundred bucks."

"I don't think it's leather.  Let's just check the tag."

I hoisted the couch up, slid underneath, as if I were changing the oil on the van, and found the tag.  It said 70% polyurethane, 30% polyester."

I told her, and she said, "What does that mean?"

"It's plastic."  She was speechless and looked genuinely dumbfounded.  Heidi said, "So, what now?"

"I don't want it.  Sorry."

Still, the seller was speechless.

Then on the way to the exploratorium we were going to check out another "leather" couch.  Heidi asked the girl on the phone, "You're sure it's leather?"

"Yes, I'm positive."

"will you just check?  Because the other day..."

The seller called back and sheepishly said, "It's polyurethane."

Someone got deceived at some point in those transactions, but it wasn't gonna be me.  So now we have our real, genuine leather couches and I'm stoked!  Craigslist.  Yar.

Oh!  I installed new toilets since the old ones barely flushed, and I posted them on craigslist for free and they were gone the next day!  Sweet.  Okay, bye.

Comments

Julia M. said…
You are such a beautiful family! We have real leather and it's awesome. So funny that you were able to detect fake leather. I wanna see a pic of the real stuff.
Unknown said…
Ah, you are so savvy when it comes to your purchases! Nice job on finding real leather. The exploratorium looks SO fun. I'm sure your kids loved that. And you should post a pic of your cherry table! We're doing our kitchen cabinets right now and it's been suuuuch a pain. Hopefully they'll turn out awesome or I'll be ticked.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons