Why no posts?

Heidi is the primary author of this blog.  You'll note that most of the posts this year have been from me.  I take some pictures and add a few words.  Then Heidi goes back and adds commentary.  I don't write that much on the family blog because I think some of my opinions would offend the majority of her readers.

But this is also a diary, and since she doesn't keep it anymore, I'll write.  To start, I am complacent as an average husband and father.  I used to get discouraged that I wasn't the best.  Now I'm incredibly average, and that's going to have to do.  I try to do chores around the house and go to most baseball games, but I can't make all of them.  I make the kids breakfast and do the school drop-off, but I could do more.  A colleague and I had lunch this week.  He said his wife thinks he's a good dad but a bad husband, because when he comes from work, all he does is play with his kid.  She thinks he should do a better job balancing his relationship with his wife.

In his eyes, he's doing her a favor by giving her a break from the kid, because we all know that parenting is hard work.  I said, "Man, that's tough.  At least she told you how she felt, and at least she thinks you're a good dad."

At least I don't feel pressure to keep up with the Joneses.  I'm pretty sure we're not the Joneses, either, but who cares?

The rubber dam crusade at the school is going well.  People think I'm the expert.  Yeah, that's cool, but not really, because the students like the iso-lite.  I think it's crummy.  But whatev.  So what's on for today?  I rode the VFR to Walnut Creek to see patients.  I left at 6:00 this morning.  Then Scott had his baseball game, and I got to see the end of it.  Heidi's parents came out, and apparently, Scott caught a fly ball and got a triple.  That's good, because sometimes he cries when he strikes out.

Last night, while Heidi went to bunko, Tyler and Scott and I played catch in the back yard.  Scott said, "Daddy, what do I need to improve in baseball?"

I told him his attitude.  Surprisingly, he didn't cry.  Eh, I was a great parent until I had kids.  Okay, gotta jet.

Comments

Chelle said…
I think you sound like a great dad Danny. I think it's great that you make breakfast for the kids. I guess the important things are to feel like you are doing your best right? and to always be trying to improve? Some days I feel like I'm an awesome mom. And other days I feel like a raunchy beast. It's a roller coaster.
DavidandJuliann said…
I'm sure your a great dad and husband. What's the rubber dam crusade?
allison said…
Haha, "I was a great parent until I had kids." you're not alone!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons