November weddings

Heidi's classmate, Shawn, got married in Dublin on 11/9/12 and had a reception at Ruby Hill Winery in Pleasanton.  The cover band and the food were good.





Nancy and Vladimir got married on 11/17/12 in Brentwood and had a reception in Crockett.

 Tyler and Kira had a great time running around and socializing with the other kids.

 Kira shows off her dress we got from craigslist.



We didn't have enough earplugs for all the kids, and Scott wasn't happy about wearing these cotton ones.




Most of these pictures were from the little didge.  After 8 years and one trip back to Canon, it's still working.  The quality isn't as good as the SLR, and you can probably tell which ones are which.  But sometimes it's too much a hassle to lug around the big dog, and I never even take it out of the case.  So a bad picture is better than no picture.

Heidi hasn't been posting much on the blog.  We don't have much news about her thyroid except that the numbers seem to be improving but the physicians aren't that concerned about getting her in to biopsy.  I'm always concerned when things change without much stimulus or why they appeared in the first place, but I'm no physician.  I've been keeping my fix-it blog up to date but people are more interested in the kids.  By the time I come home from work, we eat, maybe do piano, and then go to bed.

For my birthday (34--entering my mid thirties), I got some chocolates.  I like dark chocolate, but anything beyond about 70% is too dark.  Well, there was some 85% in my stash and the kids got into it.  Also, my peanut M&M's began disappearing.  Turns out Scott had climbed up on the sewing machine table, removed the chocolates from the high shelf and helped to eat all but the 85%.  Kira and Tyler joined in, but I found pieces of the 85% all around the house.  Even in the bed.

We got Tyler's report card.  He did better than expected and seems to be thriving.  He can memorize things easily and does well with his Spanish accent.  Scott has improved his reading quite a bit and is enjoying it now.

Kira speaks the most Spanish out of the kids and can repeat short sentences.  Her hair is still a mess and I want to cut it short, but Heidi was traumatized by a bad haircut from her youth.  So we'll keep Kira's hair a rat nest for now.

Blakey has been real fussy for the past week.  He had explosive diarrhea in which he would soil his outfits every three hours.  He doesn't have it anymore, but he still cries a lot and doesn't sleep well.
Okay, that's all for now.

Comments

cici said…
Great photos.
I think Kira's hair is very cute like it is. I too had a traumatic haircut by my Dad, He got out the dishtowel, scissors and a bowl! I still fear stylists ;)
I bet little Blakey is cutting teeth. I know first Molars really upset the bottom end and can even cause fevers.
It's so great everyone is doing well in School.
Hope you are pain free and Heidi's biopsy is A-ok
Thanks for the update.
Chelle said…
Ah Danny. You crack me up with the way you write. If Heidi doesn't want to cut Kira's rat's nest, there are some really easy, cute girls' hairstyles she could do on her. Also, I loved Scott's face in his earplug pic. I'm glad you have all your kids wear them! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. We love you and miss you all!
allison said…
I really love your updates Danny...wish I could get Jon to do an update. It would probably be quite interesting & I might have to edit it a bit, haha!!
Anyway, nice pictures, the family is just as cute as ever!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons