Time

As Danny rode off on his bike with Scott behind waving good-bye, yelling over and over, "I love you mom, have a good day, see you soon," with his backpack bigger than he is I wondered when my baby got so big.  So good on a bike to turn around and wave without falling or running into parked cars.  I wondered how we were so lucky to live in a beautiful neighborhood and country. I was filled with JOY!

I was filled with joy that danny is so lucky to do something he loves that allows him to ride the boys to school!

This type of joy that can't be bought with money, a big house of fancy cars.  It is the joy that is found with family, friends, love and living close to God.  The joy of having a wonderful husband.  The joy of having kids who enjoy school and are striving to be good little people.  The joy that my husband gets to take my kids to school because he works down the street.  I love our little neighborhood.  It is perfect for our family!  I felt so blessed!

I was filled with gratitude and simply needed to share!

I have the image in my head and need to capture it on film or with a photograph because I think it will be one of those moments in this moment of life that will forever make me happy.

Do you have any of those moments?  What are they?  Write them down to remember them forever.

As a kid I remember walking home with Erin and being greeted by my mom and grandma.  They made me a snack.  They asked me about my day.  I felt loved.  I felt special.  I felt I was the most important at that moment.  I remember that.

I remember sitting in the shower at Scottsdale or on the hot deck to get warm.  That was joy.

I remember driving to LA in our van at night.  We slept in the folded down back and watched movie.  I remember getting there and being greeted my ga and granny.  I remember playing at the beach and watching the rose bowl parade.  That was joy!

I remember always having my parents at my soccer games, swim practices and gymnastics practice.  They always supported me.

I remember doing my homework with my dad at night.   He was always there for us.  He could answer my homework questions, even if it meant reading the entire chapter to get what we were doing. I am grateful that Danny will do that someday because I am well aware my kids are going to surpass my skills.

I remember sunday dinners in the backyard.  Yummy strawberry/lemonade smoothies.  Sour and good.

My memories aren't necessarily the presents or big trips.  It was the time that we spent together.  What a reminder for me as a mom!  I am blessed with parents that led by example.  They taught me the importance of spending time with your kids.  You don't know to be involved in everything, just need to be available.

Comments

cici said…
What a sweet thoughtful post Heidi.

May these Joyous moments be the ones that get you through the tough days.
Your Children are very lucky to have you as their role model and Mom.
(((Hugs)))
Chelle said…
I loved this post!! There really are SO many things to be thankful for and so many things that bring me joy as well. And spending time with my kiddos has def got to be one of the very most joyous. I loved it too when I'd come home from school and my mom would want to hear all about my day. I think it really is the little things that make such an impact.
Janelle said…
You do have fantastic parents Heidi! I hope they get to read this.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons