Utah

 Danny's family gets together once a year for a summer vacation. This year we went to Midway in Utah which was a lot of fun.  Danny's parents are leaving on a mission tomorrow so it was extra special to be with them before they venture down to Las Vegas for a year to serve the Lord.


We stayed in a cute little town called Midway.  It is of Swiss origin as you can see from the adorable chapel.  We stayed in a beautiful house on a golf course.


A couple of highlights of the trip for me...


The best part of the family vacations for me are for the cousins to hang out and get to be with Danny's family.  Living in California doesn't give us that much time to hang out with his family so I love talking and getting to know and learn from them. 


Hiking to Cascade Springs.  The waterfalls were beautiful and company was so fun.  We didn't make it around the entire loop since it was pretty hot and my little ones would rather play in the water and look for bugs.  The highlight of the trip was coming down and looking for animals in the shade.


Alpine Slides.  I love Park City!  It is such a cute little ski town.  Danny and Scott went on the zip line and Alpine Slide.  Kira and Lindsey and Glen and Tyler went down the slide.  I stayed with the babies and Juliann at the bottom.  I used to love going on rides and such and now I love watching my kids go on them.  How things change!  It was a beautiful day and the kids had so much fun!


Boating!!  So fun!  Scott had a blast on the tube going as fast and crazy as possible as he could. He outdid me and his dad.  He had fun the knee board and did great. Tyler was more timid and only go if an adult was with him or if they were going slower.  Kira went on the knee board a little before getting too cold.  We went boating in Layton which was so much fun and so warm.  The kids and adults had so much fun.  We went a second time in Midway which was freezing and hence not as much fun but still a good time.  Makes me want to get a boat when we eventually get a house.  I went paddle boarding which is a little slow for me but a good arm workout.  Too bad it reminds me I still have a bad shoulder.  The best part was seeing Jade and Scott learn to get on their knees on the knee board.  They are such a good pair and it was fun to see them smiling on the water together. Good times!


Thanksgiving Point.  Went to the dinosaur museum which was so fun!  At night we opted to stay at the museum a little longer instead of a counsins ring ceremony.  We had a fun lunch and found the cutest kids section.  The kids loved casting dinosaur bones.  Afterwards we went to Brayden's reception which was a lot of fun.  It is always fun to see Danny's aunts and uncles and get to know them better. The kids were spent by that time so they didn't have as much fun.  We were all exhausted after a fun filled day.


Uncle Adam is the Uncle with all the toys.  The kids made rockets and blasted them with a compressor and had so much fun.  We placed lights on them and watched them launch into the air. So fun!


Fish Farm.  Ended the trip with the fish farm.  I woke up early and packed up and miraculously had time to go with the kids.  So glad I got to go.  I learned so much and it was fun to see the kids so interested in the fish.  Who woulda thought?


Great times!!  Can't wait for more family vacations.






Comments

Julia M. said…
That looks like so much fun! I was so glad I got to see you even for a couple minutes while you were here. I hope Glen and Janine just flourish as missionaries. Hooray for cousins and boating and family fun!
Adam and Lisa said…
Oh, that was so much fun! Loved seeing you guys and hanging out. I look forward to our vacations with you every year. So many fun memories!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons