March

Can you believe tomorrow is March...CRAZY!!!

That means I am having a baby this month.  Did you even know I was pregnant?  Don't worry if you didn't. I have forgotten at times.  Tyler has been more than a handful since we got back from the hospital so I have put having a baby on emotional hold trying to resolve his issues.

I think I am almost at the point of realizing that I can do it.  Newborns sleep a ton and never argue.  They conveniently fit in a little pouch and will cuddle all day long.  Not looking forward to getting up at night and a ton of diaper changes.  But I am going to have pants that don't sag off my butt in a couple of weeks and am super duper excited about the summer.  Hoping Kira will be a wonderful big sister and a new baby will bring so much love into our home.  I can get my kidney stones crushed and won't have chronic pain.  So it is all going to work out.

I am almost certain it is a little boy.  I have not felt sick like I was with Kira.  I would be shocked if it was a girl but laugh that I thought Tyler and Carl were girls and they were boys. We shall see if I am right.  Excited either way.  Hoping we get a calm child.  I know it isn't in our genes and I am probably kidding myself, but miracles can happen right?  I will probably get an epidural but always scared of being paralyzed so we shall see.  Not sold on any names, but haven't put much thought into it either.  I think we'll choose a name when we see the baby.

I haven't been to the doctors in about two months which is horrible. I need to make an appt.  I need to find a couple of outfits to get us through the first week.  I think I gave most of my boy things away, but I am sure I can find something that will do. I have a bassinet at my parents that we never got rid of.  Need to get some newborn diapers and my swing back from a friend.  Need to find my baby bjorn.  And that's it.  I will probably get around to it in a couple of weeks.  It really is amazing how little you really need.  I remember getting all of this stuff for Scott and with each child you realize what you don't need.  It is a great feeling


So here's to march...Getting through Tyler's surgery that we are hoping will make him so much happier and a new baby. I need to have Danny take a picture of me.  I don't think I have any.



Comments

Heidi,
As soon as we know boy or girl, I will have the basics ready for our precious little one...diapers, clothes and whatever else is needed! You just try to relax a little over the next few weeks - even if it's for an hour here and there...
Oh, Heidi. If we could all be more like you! You really are amazing - this new addition to your family is one lucky little baby!

And fingers are crossed he/she is calm for you! :)
Heather O. said…
What? How did I miss this? Congratulations!
Laurel said…
Heidi- you are exactly righty...you can do it! If anyone can handle a huge plate, it's you. Can't wait to meet the new little one. I'm a little jealous that you're almost done. Lets get together soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons